unable to extrude

run2kdjhm

i'm using inventor 2009

I cant extrude a shape made by straight lines.

if i click the line tool and make a basic triangle i cant extrude it into a solid.

if i make a centerpoint circle i can extrude.

also if i make a 2 point rectangle i can extrude that also.

but it seems like inventor is not seeing the snap when i connect my lines. i wonder if some setting are messed up?

any help would be appreciated

thx

when you draw your triangle try giving the lines coincident constraints and see if it will let you extrude. if so you know you have a snap problem and its prob. in the settings somewhere. The only reason it would work on the circle and rectangle and not your triangle(that i can think of) is if your end points arent connected.

i dont have inventor 2009 so im not sure how to tell you to get to your settings. i know 08-09 the user interface for the autodesk products changed, but there should be some sort of tools/options or user preferences. hopefully someone else with experience with 08-09 can give you a better answer.