Flatshot confusion

iainlines

Solprof is fine but I was after something that didn't leave 2D geometry all over the model. This would be so much easier if work would put their hands in their pockets and get 2012 or 13!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainlines

• ReMark

• nestly

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just freeze the layer the model is on. Or freeze the layers created by the SOLPROF command, move the 3D model, then thaw the layers. What's the problem with that?

Use what you have to the best of its ability or upgrade to 2013. You cannot legally upgrade to 2012; it always has to be to the latest release.

I think an upgrade is in order. Yes, forgot 2013 was not available. Finger firmly on the pulse here:roll:

Flatshot did not work in AutoCAD 2008 very well either, we were banned from using it.

Use Solview+Soldraw, Solprof, Sectionplane or upgrade.

If the OP doesn't like SolProf then I think he will absolutely hate SolView/SolDraw.

Why would that be? At least you can update the 2D if the model changes.

If he wants to he can move the SOLPROF blocks with the CHSPACE command, although I don't see any need nor reason to.

Though I don't love it, I think I will have to use Solview and Soldraw....it's not all that bad. I don't do a great deal of modelling (can you tell?) so it's not often a neccessity. That said, I want to do more so I don't lose what little skills I have.

Please bear in mind I was using 2002 since its inception and am kinda behind the times