• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iainlines

• ReMark

• nestly

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try the technique suggested 22 posts back, #18, you shouldn't have to do it that way, but I think you will get what you are after. :)

When all else fails? Try something different. :beer:

Mark- tried 3 flatshots. Got a top and a front. Went to get a SE ISO and got front again??!?!?! Just to confirm, when in ISO view, should I align UCS with view, ie Z axis pointing straight at me?

Dadgad, looks like I'll have to. Sorta defeats the object though

Try using the option "Replace existing block". I think the problem comes from creating a block then exploding it for use in paper space. The block definition still remains.

Mark, that makes sense when applied to what I was doing at first but I haven't gone into PS since you advised not to

Dagad....yes, I know. What I meant was if I want to create an ISO flashot should I first type UCS enter V enter?

Right, I am downloading a free trial of camstasia. Hopefully I'll be able to post a video soon and put this thing to bed

The UCS doesn't matter for creating the Flat projection, FLATSHOT captures the "View" (what you see on the monitor). The significance of the UCS is that the block will be inserted on the current UCS.

I'm glad that ReMark has been able to confirm the behavior in 2007. Since it seems to be a block name issue, perhaps you could try renaming each block before creating another?

I would suggest that you choose your perspectives using the VIEWS toolbar.

What you have suggested in your last post would merely set the UCS to your current VIEW.

Just select one of the standard ISOMETRIC VIEW icons from the VIEWS toolbar and you are ready to go and create your flatshot.

I now have a .avi video. Downloaded Camstasia. Sadly the file won't upload. If anyone wants to take a look i'll mail it. If, however, you have lost interest then I don't really blame you!

Iain

Busy day today....everybody wants something and they want it now or two minutes ago.

I have not lost interest.

Is your version of 2007 current with all updates/service packs? I know for a fact that mine is not. I keep it for reference purposes only so I did not bother to download and install any available service packs.

I can create any view I want using FLATSHOT in AutoCAD 2012 without any problems what-so-ever. 2007 is a different story.

Mark,

Thanks very much for that post, very comprehensive and makes a lot of sense. In answer to your question, no, I have not kept up to date with all the downloads which is a bit silly of me really.

Once I am properly awake and caffeine fuelled I will try all of that and let you know how it goes.

Again, thanks a lot :)

Ok, here we go....

Followed the tutorial to the letter and it worked fine, for the first two views. When it came to do a third be it an Iso or anything else I would always get the previous flatshot, even though that layer was turned off. I have found a work around, it's a bitblunt but seems to work. Prior to doing my third flatshot I copy and paste the first two into a new drawing. I then purge the blocks in the 3D model then carry on as usual, which seems to work. One thing that doesn't work however is copy and pasting the block of the Iso view into the new drawing, it does not apper correctly, more like a front view. Probably something I'm doing. I have to paste that into yet another drawing, explode the block then copy it over to the drawing with other views in.

It's not pretty and obviously the blocks won't update if the model does but it works for what I need

Any feedback would be appreciated

Iain

Do you have the SOLPROF command in 2007?

Sometimes doing something the easy way is a lot harder than one might expect.

Solprof all the way baby! :beer: