heidihannah

I am absolutely new here, so I apologize if I am in the wrong place

I'm building a tool palette in ACAD2012. I want to put in a matchline that enters a line on a particular layer with a specific linetype; easy enough with a command ^C^C_pline and then I've set my options for the appropriate linetype, color... whatnot.

Now I want to adjust it, I want the line to go in and then the word "MATCHLINE" to automatically go above the end of the line. following that, I would like a prompt for the user to enter text at the end of "matchline".

Any suggestions? I admit, I am terrible at lisp, but that may be the way to go. I can of course also add a macro into the palette, so that is an option as well.

First, welcome!

LISP is definitely one way to go (someone might already have one created and might post it up), but I've had great success in a Dynamic Block with a Stretch Parameter and Attributes. This works for a single-lined matchline. If you have a multi-directional mathline, then it wouldn't really fit the application.