DGN_Hatches clogging up Hatch system

Frosty

Hello,

I've recently started working with a colleague who uses Microstation.

Since importing .dgn files into AutoCAD, my list of hatches seems to have increased exponentially, with many of the new hatches being similar in appearance and having names prefixed '_dgn'.

I'm now finding that scrolling through the list causes my computer to crash.

Even when starting a new drawing, these hatches are on the list, and the purge command does not have 'hatches' on the list.

Does anybody know how I can manage these hatches?

Much appreciated.

Do these hatches show on the 'predefined', 'user defined', or custom list?

You can do a windows search for *.pat files and "purge" or edit them yourself. Your original hatch (pattern files) are named with something similar to acad.pat, or acadlt.pat. Those you will want to keep. You may even want to keep some of the better dgn files too. If the dgn hatches are in easily identifiable separate files, you can simply delete or move them to another folder that is not in the AutoCad file search path, in other words a folder that toes not show up on your Files tab of the options dialog window.

You can open them with notepad, but you have to be careful if the dgn hatches are in a combined file. hopefully they have not somehow gotten concatenated into your original acad.pat file. If the new ones are showing on the predifined list, that may be the case. Hopefully they are just in the same folder as your original *.pat files.

Hi Dana,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I searched for *.pat files and found them in C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013 - English\R18\enu\Support

Along with my acadlt.pat and acadltiso.pat files there where 529 DGN_*.pat files!!! I've moved them all to a folder called 'purged .pat files' and now everything is running much more smoothly!

Thanks for your help, it really is appreciated.

I'm new to the forum, is there a way to mark this thread as 'solved'? I can't seem to see such an option.

Thanks again.

Hi Frosty and welcome to the forum :)

There is no Solved-button - it's enough to return and say that the problem is solved, we all appreciate that

Happy CAD-ding!

Hi Dana,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

I searched for *.pat files and found them in C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2013 - English\R18\enu\Support

Along with my acadlt.pat and acadltiso.pat files there where 529 DGN_*.pat files!!! I've moved them all to a folder called 'purged .pat files' and now everything is running much more smoothly!

Thanks for your help, it really is appreciated.

I'm new to the forum, is there a way to mark this thread as 'solved'? I can't seem to see such an option.

Thanks again.

Well, no AutoCad puzzles are ever really solved, merely avoided.:lol: