Custom linetype

ruso

I want to make a lintype where line starts with a point and ends with the point and in between is continuous line. Space from points to line should be 1 or 0.5 units depending on the scale I want to plot my drawing in. Just in case there is somekind of confusion about how it should look like there is an image in the attachments.

If anyone knows how to do it, pease help!

linetype_custom.jpg

To get the effect you are looking for would a lisp routine that places a point at every intersection and masks out the ends of the lines work just as well for you?

But your line lengths vary. I would think that would be a problem to program.

I see I wasted my time responding. You already have a lisp routine that puts points at the intersections of all lines. It was written by Lee Mac. I think Tharwat had some input as well.

Why are you bringing this up again but in a slightly different form?

I have a lisp routine but I can't use it on all lines at once because not all lines in my drawing need to look like that, not even in the same layer, so although it saves me time it would still be a lot faster to just do it with the right line from the start. Why am I bringing this up again? I'm always looking for ways to get the job done as fast and as simple as possible. That's it.

I'm sorry you wasted your time by writting 2 short replies that don't answer my original question.

Thank you for your kind words.

Your line lengths vary. I think this will be problematic when it comes to creating a custom linetype. Maybe it can be handled via a lisp routine instead. I don't know.

As for not being able to use what you already have did you ever think about isolating the lines you were working on by putting them on their own layer and freezing all others and then running the custom lisp program someone so graciously created for you?

Edited by ReMark

Where did you run off to?

Don't be afraid. I won't terminate you.

Let's give this thread a *bump* and see if we can generate some more interest in your problem.

Here goes.......

Anyone know of a way a custom linetype can be generated that always starts and ends with a "point" no matter its length?

:-) Thanks. Actually that's how I did it but I always have a lot of lines and to check for each line does it need to be in this shape and then put it in special layer is a lot of work. Like you said I have a solution but I think it can be done a lot faster. The idea for lisp is not bad at all. I didn't even know it's possible to do it with lisp. Making custom line type seemed simple to me. But there's that problem with line length varying, so yeah if anyone out there knows how to make a lisp that you mentioned that would be great.