A real problem . autocad 3d is sloooooooww. almost impossible to work.

danielk

Are you up-to-date with service packs?

Did you try turning hardware acceleration off?

Have you tried changing profiles?

Maybe you have a .NET Framework problem. Did the AutoDesk rep bring that up at all?

Are you on Subscription? If "yes" have you filed a Customer Error Report?

Edited by ReMark

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• danielk

• jmerch

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was getting the same error. The first time it was due to a bad SIMM. You can run a diagnostic test that will analyze your RAM.

The second time it was due to the video card driver. Once I installed the updated driver the problem seemed to be resolved.

what software you recommend to check RAM memory ? and how to read the results . ive tried it with "PerformenceTest" (I have 8gb RAM) 443.JPG

Try looking at your Antivirus and make sure it's not doing a live scan in any Autodesk folders. This use to be a big problem for us and that was the fix.

I recommended disabling his anti-virus program to see if it made any difference. In post #14 the OP said he tried and it did not make a difference.

run 'memstest86' no errors. and still autocad is responding slow like $#@% . im frustrated :reallymad:

are you on-line with the computer? mebbe some prog (adobe lol) updating itself and slowing things down. try a session with no internet perhaps

i actually tried all the above, including the removal of all autodesk products and a new installation , also disabled the antivirus .

what machines do you use ? and how big and complex your 3d files? (attach a picture please of the most complex 3d file you created with the machine you are using )

thanks

My computer specs are available under my avatar. The largest 3D file I've worked with was 38MB. The drawing is of a process area we designed the shell of the building for that was then populated with the three level skid-mounted wiped film extraction equipment. It also included pumps, piping, valves, heat exchangers, vacuum pump, stairs, railings and landings. I'll post an image when I am on my CAD computer later today if time permits.

A quick comparison of our two systems indicates my system has more RAM, a better graphics card and a faster hard drive. Not sure if that explains the disparity or not. Let's just call it an observation.

Edited by ReMark

Is your 3d drawing all entities or is it solids?

If it is a drawing that has had everything explodes or something created from a point cloud it takes much more time to regen. I have 100 mb drawings that I can zoom right thru and 10 mb ones that take forever to regen. Depends on what is in the drawing sometimes.