Change All Layers' Plot Style Setting

parkerdepriest

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to write a code that will

1) set the current plot style to "BCR Plot Style.stb"

2) change all layer properties to plot style "Grayscale"

I had this working at one point, but can't get it to work when I reopen, so it may just be a problem with how I'm loading the routine. I've added it to LISP files under CUI and to my APPLOAD startup suite.

(defun c:grayscale ()

(vl-load-com)

(vla-put-StyleSheet
   (vla-get-ActiveLayout
 	(vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object))
   )
   "BCR Plot Style.stb"
 )

(setq layers (vla-get-layers
  (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-acad-object))
       )
 )
 (vlax-for l layers
   (progn
	(vla-put-plotstylename l "Grayscale")
   )
 )
)

Help is greatly appreciated!

Just found out something interesting -

This routine works after I go into the layer properties manager, highlight all layers, change the plot style to "Grayscale" and then back to "Normal".

It's like it hasn't recognized "Grayscale" as a valid option until it has been manually set.

If there's something I can add to make AutoCAD "recognize" Grayscale as a valid option...

• 2 months later...

I know this is a relatively old post, but I was just searching around for a similar issue and found that this has also happened to other people. In case anyone else comes across this post, or if you still need an answer, but just add a line to set a (any) layer to the plot style that you're looking for. The line (command "-layer" "PS" "Grayscale" "" "") will set the current layer plot style to Grayscale. Just add that to the beginning of your code and you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

• 6 years later...

We are experiencing this same problem on objects. We must physically change the plotstyle property from ByLayer to something else and back to ByLayer ...