Blocks not purging

jalba

jalba I really think your having an issue with elements from other blocks that you are using that may have been made in another drawing that could have had an xref attached to it. While that xref no longer exist it could be that the blocks your using might still have the path to the xref that contained those phantom blocks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jalba

• Ski_Me

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not all that difficult to attach a DWG file. Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. Next, click on the Paper Clip icon. Browse to where your file is located and upload it (there are file size limitations). Once uploaded attach to post. A brief explanation or comment is helpful. Submit reply. Done.

I've done that, And it still fails.

jalba I really think your having an issue with elements from other blocks that you are using that may have been made in another drawing that could have had an xref attached to it. While that xref no longer exist it could be that the blocks your using might still have the path to the xref that contained those phantom blocks.

So does that mean that I have to go through each block to see if it is within.

And even so, how can i not see the items on my xref list, or even insert them individually as blocks?

You may have to. Just open a few of the dwg files for your blocks and start the purge command (not the -purge but just the purge) and see what is contained in the drawing. And if the evil unpurgeable (not a real word) blocks are there then see if you can purge them. I know when you start a new drawing depending on the vertical product your using autocad will load up your drawing with a bunch of useless stuff like layers and objects that do nothing but take up space. This may also be what your looking at as well. You said a lot of your blocks start with the letter D these are blocks that autocad creates when you start a new drawing. At least for me this is what happens.

So I extracted ALL the blocks from the troubled dwg to see where the supposed *d blocks are linked. Exploded all of them, and none of them have the *d blocks.

Sigh, the hunt goes on.

I told you what the "D" stood for in an earlier post. I also asked you to attach a pared down copy of the drawing to one of your posts. What are we missing here?

Now saw the following:

*U### = anonymous blocks

*D### = anonymous dimensions

It is possible then my excess of *d blocks are due to using annotative dimensions?

OK...27 posts (not including this one) and we are no closer to an answer despite having asked you in post #14 to attach a DWG file and repeating the request a second time.

I don't know the answer to your question above. I might be able to figure it out but you are so reluctant to follow through on my request that I have finally given up. You win. Guess or go try to help someone else who is willing to make an effort.

I hope you get your problem solved...some day. Good luck.

OK...27 posts (not including this one) and we are no closer to an answer despite having asked you in post #14 to attach a DWG file and repeating the request a second time.

I don't know the answer to your question above. I might be able to figure it out but you are so reluctant to follow through on my request that I have finally given up. You win. Guess or go try to help someone else who is willing to make an effort.

I hope you get your problem solved...some day. Good luck.

ReMark, I keep telling u....the drawing IS NOT ATTACHING!!! I have tried so many godamn times.

Is it possible I can email it to u instead?

ReMark, I keep telling u....the drawing IS NOT ATTACHING!!! I have tried so many godamn times.

Is it possible I can email it to u instead?

He's not kidding about this I cannot attach files either and I also have blocks that I cannot purge. But since I created my own template before this happened I still have a way of starting new drawings without this problem. But for some reason I cannot upload drawings to the forum no matter what I do. I'm using IE will try chrome see if that works.

Ok I was able to attach the file using chrome so something is up with the version of IE that I'm using jalba use chrome or a different version of IE to upload your file. Any way here is my drawing with the blocks I can't purge.

If your trying to upload from work then you might have to talk to you IT guy to fix it if your doing it from home then you can open the port yourself I don't know which port it would be but somebody here might know.