Blocks not purging

jalba

Hi, I'm trying to purge some blocks.

I'm successful in deleting them, but after a while they reappear so I have to repurge.

Any explanation to this dilemma?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jalba

• Ski_Me

• ReMark

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Use QSELECT to find instances of the block if it's still within the drawing. If not, the block may be associate to another item you're inserting. Also, it can sometimes get confused with external references that have the same file name. Have had problems with this in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

Pull up the drawing up on your screen. Shoot your screen with a shotgun blocks gone. You may have gotten a drawing that at one time had an xref attached to it. I have a ton of drawings with these and never was able to get rid of them. Did you ever reuse a block that came with the drawing and edit it? That's something I have done before and I would have these phantom blocks reappear after I purged them after I inserted the block into a drawing.

Try using the -PURGE (include the hyphen) command at the commandline.

First purge all REGAPPS, and after that choose ALL and purge everything else.

You might also want to AUDIT the drawing and save it.

You could also set your ISAVEPERCENT to 0 before you save it.

lolz @ ski-me.....ur option could be possible.

@dadgad...tried ur techniques, but still not purging all the blocks.

I check the items that cannot be purged, and I am seeing a whole bunch of *D's. I try to quick select, but somehow they are non-existent.

are you sure that you are not purging them rather than them being recreated by adding or deleting dimensions? That is when I get *D blocks.

That's the thing Remark, if I select "View items that cannot purge" in the Purge dialog box, I see the names there eg.: *d100

But if i choose to insert *d100, it is not there in my block list.

Wish I could attach the file, but having extreme difficulty.

It is not all that difficult to attach a DWG file. Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. Next, click on the Paper Clip icon. Browse to where your file is located and upload it (there are file size limitations). Once uploaded attach to post. A brief explanation or comment is helpful. Submit reply. Done.

It is not all that difficult to attach a DWG file. Start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. Next, click on the Paper Clip icon. Browse to where your file is located and upload it (there are file size limitations). Once uploaded attach to post. A brief explanation or comment is helpful. Submit reply. Done.

He's having the same problem I've been having we can't upload drawings could be size issue but some of the drawings I've tried to upload are not all that big. Doesn't seem to be system wide just a few of us.