auto cad to google earth please help

afrazawan

The plot thickens. If you now log into AutoCAD 360, then you can transfer to AutoCAD WS, where you can place the map in Google, and save. But when you transfer back to AutoCAD 360, the Google mapping does not show up :shock:

Google-AutoCADWS.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• f700es

• eldon

• SLW210

• afrazawan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears that the free version of AutoCAD 360 (or WS) only allows a visual import of Google Earth. You cannot see the Google Earth background in ordinary AutoCAD.

I expect that you will have to pay to get a download of a Google Earth picture. As I try not to pay for anything unnecessary, I have no experience of doing what you want to do.

There is no need to shout. My hearing aids are working perfectly.

I would have expected you to spend some time learning how to use AutoCAD WS.

I expect that you have uploaded your drawing into the cloud. Is it Georeferenced? My drawings are not, so I had to manipulate Google Earth to look at my location. The imagery date is given, so you can see how up to date it is.

Once I had found my location, I zoomed in to the detail, and I don't know what I actually did, but Google Earth rotated and scaled a bit, so that the detail fitted.

i WANT CAD FILE LAYOUT INTO GOOGLE EARTH LAYOUT PLEASE HOW TO USE CAD WS IS DIFFICULT

No shouting in AutoCAD Forums! :nono:

On a more serious note, look at previous suggestion already made as they make multiple references to solution.

i WANT CAD FILE LAYOUT INTO GOOGLE EARTH LAYOUT PLEASE HOW TO USE CAD WS IS DIFFICULT

You want a DWG to KMZ converter, google it and you may find one. Or if you have AutoCAD Map3d I'll point you to a nice tool that will do it for you.

You could use a screen shot of the google map image and insert into AutoCAD or use Photoshop/Illustrator to place the AutoCAD info onto the google earth information or use any one of the methods previously mentioned.

There are plenty of ways to do what you want, but you will either have to do some work or buy a program.

What about SketchUp? You can use the Geo-Location tool to grab the area in question. Then import your dwg file or model. Align and then export to a kmz (Google Earth) file. Would this work? Of course you will need the pro version to import the dwg file.

Hint: You can still get the v7 free version and the dwg import tool to use for your dwg importing. Then open in the current version and do the work.

Screenshot_1.jpg