Having trouble with Revision Clouds

trose77

Hi there,

I am making revision clouds on some record drawings.

They come out all peachy, but when I save the file and reopen it, all of the wonderful little clouds change to jagged straight lines.

Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks,

Brian

So I read that "REVCLOUD is not designed to support transparent and real-time panning and zooming." I went on to try creating a PDF of my drawing and the RevClouds came out exactly the way I wanted.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Brian

Your drawing likely just need to be regenerated. When zoomed out on a drawing a long way autocad will show arcs as being made up of large straight lines rather than a smotth looking arc. This is simly to increase computer performacne. Use the regen command (RE) to regenerate your file and all will be fine. Be warned when zoomed in quite far on a drawing AutoCAD will not allow you to zoom out on occasion in which case the regen command will also work.

So I read that "REVCLOUD is not designed to support transparent and real-time panning and zooming."

This refers to when you are drawing the cloud. It gets all wonky if you pan or zoom. For complex clouds this can be quite frustrating. I use a LISP routine called PL2Cloud which converts polylines to clouds, available here http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=1319.0.

This refers to when you are drawing the cloud. It gets all wonky if you pan or zoom. For complex clouds this can be quite frustrating. I use a LISP routine called PL2Cloud which converts polylines to clouds, available here http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=1319.0.

This is probably where Autodesk got the idea for their OBJECT command modifier option, which will change an OBJECT into a revcloud, which is fun. I also enjoy the look of the Calligraphy style when appropriate.