2013 Ribbon clicking

maddog1995

A co-worker is having issues when using the ribbon tools in 2013. It seems that he has to click the tool twice to activate it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And if so, how can we set it so he has to click the tool only once. I've searched the different variables, but none of them seem to have any effect, so far. Thanks.

I don't use the ribbon, not sure that this will help you, but it is worth considering.

I am guessing that you used SYSVDLG when searching for possible variable based fixes? If not that is how I would suggest doing it.

Ribbob click fix try this.jpg

Thanks Dadgad. I think that took care of the problem. Just another one of these settings that for some reason was different on his computer than everyone elses. I don't think I'd have ever found that setting without your help.

If I have said it once, a million times.....@&^% the ribbon!! Dont know why generic '13 lets you still use old layout but Architecture has been stuck with it!??!

Thanks Dadgad. I think that took care of the problem. Just another one of these settings that for some reason was different on his computer than everyone elses. I don't think I'd have ever found that setting without your help.

Glad to hear that did the trick. :)

There is plenty I don't know about the software, but I am by nature quite curious,

and just about whenever I see something titled advanced options or similarly,

I can't help but take a look. It is impossible to optimize the performance of the software

to suit our own needs, if we don't first explore all of the available options.

SYSVDLG is extemely helpful for this, as it makes us aware of optional behaviors

which may be better suited to one's personal needs than the default OOTB settings. :beer: