Is there a way to corrupt your CAD files ??

Omer Saif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• PotGuy

• Omer Saif

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to look at AutoCAD WS or AutoCAD 360 and set permissions for that untrusted user. Myself, if you can't trust them then don't work with them period.

I corrupt my files by putting them next to Tea Party hand outs. Works like a charm.:lol:

OK...all kidding aside. The OP doesn't want to corrupt his files as much as he wants to lock them or keep them from being tampered with by others. Maybe a change in the title of the thread is in order? Just a suggestion.

OK...all kidding aside. The OP doesn't want to corrupt his files as much as he wants to lock them or keep them from being tampered with by others. Maybe a change in the title of the thread is in order? Just a suggestion.
Yes, good idea. I don't think this is a disgruntled someone. All of us know that there are plenty of unscrupulous folks that we end up having to deal with. And I think we all accept the fact that, as an international site, many here will not be speaking native English, thus it may take a while to understand what they mean. After all, even native speakers sometimes find it a challenge to explain themselves clearly regarding technicalities!;)

Hi ..

Is there any way to corrupt your CAD files so that people can't access it?

regards, :)

I can send them to a guy I used to work with. He seemed to be good at doing that from time to time.

Send them a PDF version of it. They can still print but can not change it. As for lcoking it so it can't be printed the only way is to sent them a BIG paper copy of it, any screen capture will be able to make a copy and print.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are referring to a scanned (raster) PDF, as a vector PDF can be used to recreate the DWG. It sounds to me like the OP wants to have a way of making the file uneditable, but he could want it to be unprintable, too.

I can send them to a guy I used to work with. He seemed to be good at doing that from time to time.
I think I know him!

Another idea... Give them PDF files. They

get the drawing, but not the file itself.

Also, you can encode the PDF with a watermark. They try to print it, they get a watermark on the print.

That or you can put a watermark in the CAD file itself in a layer that is invisible in the file, but still prints.

SnapChat it to them. 7 seconds after they receive it, it self destructs (deletes itself).

You better check that out, they are recoverable.

if its the same one, he claimed to teach AutoCAD part time! I pity the students.
Pity sounds like such a weak word for that situation.:cry:

He's an instructor at Penn-Foster now.:shock::lol:
Isn't there an oxymoron in there somewhere?:lol: