How to put numbers on points ?

termal007

20 hours ago, Steven P said:

'error'.

That will help us work out what is wrong. What error are you getting?

Thanks for the response, below is a snap

image.png.c35a6ca9f882a4303dd52d006a3c5c0a.png

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Thankyou all for this super peice of code. Can this code be updated to export the text coordinates, Value and layers to excel?

Now the code is doing. selection of points, asks for the starting number, then assign the number on the same layer,

Additionally I request for it should create a csv file in the same folder but asking for the csv file name.

Can this code remember the last number assigned and prompt for the next number or assign the next number by default if no new number is entered?

Thanks in Advance

Posted (edited)

"Can this code be updated to export the text coordinates, Value and layers to excel?" YES but new code. Can send direct to excel.

Last number can be found by searching text and checking its value, > oldtext newtext, so save highest value as a number. 

I just wonder why a point manager Hint Lee-Mac, was not used in 1st place if these are imported points. Or if they have been manually added why not use a block with POINT & 1 Attribute. Much easier to handle than plain text.

Please respond about where points are coming from. Have  a couple of off the shelf solutions.

Edited by BIGAL
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Bigal,

Thanks for your efforts and support.

These are the points from Survey data which has many features and there are a lot of areas. Each area has to be given a point report in excel and the corresponding number is to be shown in the drawing. After the Point report or point numbering of an area, there should be a blank line in Excel and again a next area has to follow with the Point number starting from 1 to xxxxx. Here using the code pnum, I generated the numbers for all of the points and then I started exporting the Point number text to excel individually by Data Extraction. Here there is a problem while numbering all the points in the entire drawing the numbers are not continuously assigned for an area. So I did the area each individually and then the Data extraction. I was looking for a code that will add numbers and export to excel and save with a unique name so I can copy from all these generated excels to 1 excel file with a blank line between each area.

Thanks again

Edited by symoin

Posted (edited)

Ok if I understand correct you have plines or lines that touch a point, this has been answered before, in simple terms just click inside a closed shape and points are found. 

Again to make life much easier using a block is the way to go. Ignoring arc mid point for moment you just get the vertice points and look for a block at that point, sort by point number and export.

I will try to find answer may be over at forums/autodesk. Any body else please respond.

Please post a sample dwg preferred with a block. 

Edited by BIGAL