• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pBe

• Tharwat

• ReMark

• neophoible

neo: That comment was not directed at you. It was merely an observation about the overall event.
Yes, I left out that part. Thanks for the clarification. The part I particularly like is the "promise" ;), yet :unsure: somehow it's :? still going :o because it's :D very important. :lol::rofl::D:lol::rofl: ...Just not important enough to mention earlier. :P:popcorn:

I seem to remember a time when there was no running commentary to make sure everyone appreciated the finer points of the technical advice being offered. And there was no need either to reiterate the advice, whilst not furthering the technical content.

But then times are a-changing :?

Nice job pBe :thumbsup: your lisp is exactly what i want !!!!!!

but i need to include same more attribute blocks because i use them all the time .. look the attach drawing

Is very important for me

change

(2 . "Point")

to

(2 . "Point,KORYFES,pnt,station,trigonom")

Then you're good to go. and i hope that will be the last of it. :)

A bit of advice prodromosm, when asking for help or assistance , be mindful of the words you use and how you reply [or not replying for that matter]. Forum members do this kind a thing on their own time, so please be patient and more importantly be courteous to all who take time to reply.

Cheers

I am curious to know .

Did you know how to use this routine in the following link ? do you know that you can use the shift button to select as many as you want with one shoot after all ?

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?80597-Need-Survey-Stringing-Lisp-as-soon-as-possible-Please&p=546416&viewfull=1#post546416

I seem to remember a time when there was no running commentary to make sure everyone appreciated the finer points of the technical advice being offered. And there was no need either to reiterate the advice, whilst not furthering the technical content.

But then times are a-changing :?

***/Off-topic ***

"What we've got here is (a) failure to communicate"- Captain

But i guess you're right eldon , running commentary is unnecessary and to some point excessive. But its also a little bit of fun to read and there are a few informative ones from time to time.

... I made a mistake by spending that much time for no reply , but anyway it is a good lesson to not give a complete codes from now on for such users .

... Did you know how to use this routine in the following link ? do you know that you can use the shift button to select as many as you want with one shoot after all ?

Your codes are great Tharwat. but its just one those cases as Remark aptly put

... giving the OP what he asked for instead of what he needed!

Your codes are great Tharwat. but its just one those cases as Remark aptly put

It's very kind of you to say that pBe , and I agree with Remark on that , he was straight to the point .

Think of running commentary as the "commercials" of CADTutor. Now I return you to our regularly scheduled program.

Oops, not quite yet.

When I was scrubbed in as a surgical technician on a bowel resection the surgeon asked for a particular instrument. I handed it off to him. He looked at it then turned and looked at me and said, "Don't give me what I asked for! Give me what I need!" He then returned the instrument and asked for a different one. Lesson learned.

Hmmm. Are you sure about that? In any case, my comments were sort of a "Glad I didn't start working on this one!" I had actually started to take a stab at it earlier, then read a little more and decided that the OP was not upfront enough with what he needed/wanted, so decided to waste my time elsewhere. But then, this one was so "out there" that I gave in to the temptation to "point it out". From the beginning, I thought that the following would be the better way to go:
If you want to avoid mistakes and not have to do it all over manually, then a better approach would be to create a point name text file and read that with the program. Then, if there is a problem, just delete the LWPOLYLINE, edit the simple text file and run the program again. Then, you wouldn't need a Line option, as you can EXPLODE the polyline when done, though I would think keeping the polyline would be better.
Guess I was wrong, huh? I'm still glad I didn't otherwise bother with this one, though it is an interesting problem. And the process was a bit entertaining, though probably not for Tharwat. I admire his efforts nonetheless, and they might still be quite useful for others searching for solutions. So, hang in there, Tharwat! and don't feel too bad.

And the process was a bit entertaining, though probably not for Tharwat. I admire his efforts nonetheless, and they might still be quite useful for others searching for solutions. So, hang in there, Tharwat! and don't feel too bad.

Not feeling bad at all , but it's a matter of disappointment and after working hard when trying to give the best I can , we receive ignorance or

sometimes running away without even a reply :D , and if you go back a little bit with the threads in this forum you'd find many examples which confirm my saying ...

Hmmm. Are you sure about that? In any case, my comments were sort of a "Glad I didn't start working on this one!"

But that does not add to the technical content, merely chat comments. Chat dilutes and diverts from the nub of the matter and makes finding information difficult in the future, or don't you care?

This is meant to be a technical forum, and there is a chat section, or hadn't you noticed.

I wasn't aware there was a hard and fast protocol for answering questions. Now that I am I will endeavor to stick to the straight and narrow answer and avoid commentary. Our new motto should be taken directly from the old American TV show called Dragnet. Sargent Joe Friday, a Los Angeles police detective, was fond of saying, "Just the facts, ma'am." I shall also make it a point to use more technical jargon and refrain from the habit of dumbing down any answers I provide.

...Just kidding guys!:lol: I'm not changing a freakin' thing!!:shock:

Jeez, lighten up.:P

ReMark. You are the exception :D

The forum cannot stand more members bloating the replies, otherwise the storage requirement will be tripled. :shock:

You only have to look at the list of Top Posters - Week on the home page to see

It is not necessarily the number of words.

It is the implication that members are incapable of making up their own minds given the information once, without someone's tedious verbiage, which does not add any technical content. I sometimes dread reading a reply when I see who has posted.

We give out plenty of information that goes completely unnoticed. Think of it more as positive reinforcement.

BTW...mea culpa.:oops: I shall now make my way to the EXIT. You may now commence to...:celebrate:

Bye.

It is not necessarily the number of words.

It is the implication that members are incapable of making up their own minds given the information once, without someone's tedious verbiage, which does not add any technical content. I sometimes dread reading a reply when I see who has posted.

Well saying Eldon , I do agree with you . :thumbsup:

Interesting as a ex salesman for selling Civil solutions I have posted before a theoretical solution to string "FIELD SURVEY" points, its actually easy, it needs two things a pt number and a code.

You use the code to associate a string of points to be joined together as an example a road c/l = 01RDCL left edge = 02Redge Right edge = 03Redge.

A tree is 00tree1 the 00 implies that's its a point and a block Tree1 should be used.

Our surveys can be 10,000 pts+ etc a good day is around 3,000 pts recorded.

I have never written the code as others have done it with much more smarts.

Try 33F*04BI this is a fence with house boundary 4 00tree1*3 3m dia tree1.

So just take a csv pt list sort on code first then secondary sort on each code group

23 00tree1

24 00tree1

1 01F

2 01F

3 01F

34 02F

35 02F