Floating Toolbars (*.mnu) file code

I have a problem.I am writing a *.mnu file for autocad 2000. I want to make a floating toolbar but i dont know how to write it :oops:

I need to write this code in the mnu file ...

Here is a part of my code

ID_TopoCad     [_Toolbar("Toolbar 1", _Top, _Show, 1, 1, 1)]

ID_GEO         [_Toolbar("Georeference", _Floating, _Hide, 1, 1, 1)]
              [_Flyout("Insert Georeference", "Georef16.bmp", "Georef24.bmp")]
              [_Button("Insert Georeference (TFW, JGW, PGW, GFW, BPW, SDW, EWW, WLD...)", "Georef16.bmp", "Georef24.bmp")]^C^C_georefimg
              [_Button(Export Georeference (*.JGW)", "Worldout16.bmp", "Worldout24")]^c^c_worldout

please help !!!!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

i find this code

TAG1 [Toolbar ("tbarname", orient, visible, xval, yval, rows)]
TAG2 [button ("btnname", id_small, id_large)]macro
TAG3 [Flyout ("flyname", id_small, id_large, icon, alias)]macro
TAG4 [Control (element)] (not described in this document, see AutoCAD online help)

but i canot understand it !!!!

I don't know if its a problem but can you name two different parts of the file the same thing? Like you have the Flyout named "Insert Georeference" and you also have a button named the same. If the toolbar just isn't showing up could it be that you told it to be hidden?

[_Toolbar("Georeference", _Floating, [color="red"]_Hide[/color], 1, 1, 1)]

I've never done this I'm just trying to help you trouble shoot.

ID_GEO         [_Toolbar("Georeference", _Floating, _Hide, 1, 1, 1)]
                           [_Flyout("Insert Georeference (TFW, JGW, PGW, GFW, BPW, SDW, EWW, WLD...)", "Georef16.bmp", "Georef24.bmp")]^C^C_georefimg
                           [_Button(Export Georeference (*.JGW)", "Worldout16.bmp", "Worldout24")]^c^c_worldout

i try this but nothing

***MENUGROUP=[color="red"](file name)[/color]

***TOOLBARS
**GEOREFERENCE_TOOLBUTTONS
ID_GEO         [_Toolbar("Georeference", _Floating, _Show, 1, 1, 1)]
ID_IGEO        [_Button("Insert Georeference", "ICON_Georef16.bmp", "ICON_"Georef24.bmp")]^C^C_georefimg
ID_EGEO        [_Button("Export Georeference", "ICON_Worldout16.bmp", ICON_"Worldout24")]^c^c_worldout

Try that. I've only read a little bit on this so I tried my best. Where it says (file name) make sure that you only have the file name there. Example: C:\Users\Prodromosm\documents\Georeference would just be ***MENUGROUP=Georeference. Also be sure that your putting your toolbar file in the support folder for AutoCAD.

Thank you Tuns but after a lot of searching from yesterday I do this and it's work just fine....

***TOOLBARS
**ΤOOLS
ID_TopoCad     [_Toolbar("MY TOOLS", _Top, _Show, 1, 1, 1)]

[_Flyout("Georeference","Georef16", "Georef24", _OtherIcon, TOPOCAD.GEO)]

**GEO
              [_Toolbar("Georeference",  _Floating, _Hide, 1, 1, 1)]
              [_Button("Insert Georeference ", "Georef16.bmp", "Georef24.bmp")]^C^C_georefimg
              [_Button("Export Georeference", "Worldout16.bmp", "Worldout24")]^c^c_worldout

Thank you for your time :D

I am making an autocad menu (since 1998 - 2013) to help me in my job. I am making now some changes because my toolbars are too big. I feel more comfortable using *.mnu files because i can manage them with my notepad.The CUI file i can not read it with notepad

Just for the history can i add Tool Palettes in *.mnu file ? is it possible? ?:?

I don't see why not. Try searching for it I'm sure there's a tutorial on it somewhere.

Editing .mnu files is a tedious and often error prone way of customizing the user interface. A simple error (ex. - mismatched parentheses) could cause the menu file to bomb.

Editing .mnu files is a tedious and often error prone way of customizing the user interface. A simple error (ex. - mismatched parentheses) could cause the menu file to bomb.

Shhh! Don't let him know about the ability to customize a menu with the CUI. That's classified information! Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuns

Shhh! Don't let him know about the ability to customize a menu with the CUI. That's classified information! Oh...

I know how to do it but i prefer to use (*.mnu). I know that easier to use *.cui or *.cuix files but if you do a mistake you lose everything :sweat:

When you upgrade to a new release I suspect you have to bring your .mnu files in manually right? With a customized CUIx it is automatic.

I know how to do it but i prefer to use (*.mnu). I know that easier to use *.cui or *.cuix files but if you do a mistake you lose everything :sweat:

Only if you are not smart enough to retain a backup copy.

I want to ask something else.Can i save my tool palets and reload them another time . is it posible ? in CUI file saved tool palets :unsure:

All changes made in the CUI are saved on the CUIx file. So you can make a hundred tool pallets that you can go to and use at any time you need them and they will not vanish from CUI unless you delete them.