Autocad upgrade

olecarman

Evidently Amazon.com can now sell full AutoCAD. They have it at $3,699 with a year subscription included. This is the best legal deal you will find at over 20% off the street price.

http://www.amazon.com/AutoCAD-2014-Includes-Autodesk-Subscription/dp/B00C27SJI4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377619071&sr=8-3&keywords=AutoCAD

This is a good option if you don't use support much. As Amazon will be your reseller in this manner I guess.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• f700es

• olecarman

• JD Mather

I just noticed in my engineering software website, they only support up to Autocad 2012 at this time... So I can't go any newer than 2012 or I'm screwed...

I just noticed in my engineering software website, they only support up to Autocad 2012 at this time... So I can't go any newer than 2012 or I'm screwed...
Instead of reading a website, have you attempted to call them by chance? I've had good luck in the past by calling and talking to representatives of certain products. One of which, being a 3rd party program we had back in 2009-2010 for AutoCAD. Their website was out of date and I was able to accomplish what I needed by calling. FWIW anyways. Hope this may help...

- Tannar

Well with subscription you are "allowed" to use an older version. AutoDesk will even provide the serial number. You used to have the disc(s) but I think they allow you to download it now.

AutoDesk Link FAQ

I needed to have a copy of r2010 to use with my Facilities Management software. I am legal up to r2014 but with this program I was able to generate an r2010 serial number and install the software.

What engineering software are you using? I find it strange that they are not updating their programs to stay current with the latest version of Autocad.

You might also check into Autodesk rental programs that they are now rolling out for some products, especially if you are only an occasional user.

For example, Fusion 360 can be rented for only $25/month. I think I have seen similar offers on some version of AutoCAD.

Bottom line - I would only deal with Autodesk or an Autodesk Value Added Reseller. (or look at software from some other company)

I only found the following for rent (for ~$100/month):
1.3 What rental plans are available for purchase?

Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite® 2014 and Autodesk AutoCAD Revit LT Suite® 2014 are now available for purchase in North America through a quarterly (via Autodesk sales or channel partners) or monthly rental plan (via Autodesk Store).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22003862&linkID=14002998

Are you referring to something that runs within AutoCAD or a software that uses dwg files from AutoCAD?

Evidently Amazon.com can now sell full AutoCAD. They have it at $3,699 with a year subscription included. This is the best legal deal you will find at over 20% off the street price.

http://www.amazon.com/AutoCAD-2014-Includes-Autodesk-Subscription/dp/B00C27SJI4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1377619071&sr=8-3&keywords=AutoCAD

This is a good option if you don't use support much. As Amazon will be your reseller in this manner I guess.

This may prove to be a nice option. And I would think that Amazon is the reseller, as they do not list another company.

I also noticed that others are able to sell it on Amazon as well. However, I would caution using fairly new sellers or those with less than 99% feedback rate, especially for this kind of thing. 100% is preferable, but closely check their feedback in any case. Also, a very low price may mean that they are not trustworthy, or are not including vital parts of the deal, including those that are supposed to be included per the product page. Because Amazon has their A-Z guarantee, you may not lose your money, but you may waste a lot of time dealing with a bad deal and also have your money tied up for a while.

This may prove to be a nice option. And I would think that Amazon is the reseller, as they do not list another company.

I noticed this as well. I would be weary if it was not Amazon themselves. At a company I used to work for we ended up buying AutoCAD from CDW. It was about $150 off the street price and we bought 12 copies so we saved a bit overall.

Here's an Amazon link for upgrading something as old as 2008.

http://www.amazon.com/AutoCAD-Upgrade-Includes-Autodesk-Subscription/dp/B00C27SJ7U

I don't know how the pricing compares with other options, as I've not been involved with that aspect in a very long time.

Again, I would skip the other sellers, unless you know for sure they are the one(s) for you.

Looks like they've also got 2013, but it only upgrades from 2010 & up.

http://www.amazon.com/AutoCAD-2013-Upgrade-previous-versions/dp/B009APQ6F4

• 1 month later...

There is no problem in buying Autocad 2010 as it fully compatible with win 7. You can buy Autocad 2010 without any worries. Cheers.

Go ahead and buy one off of eBay but you are taking your chances when it comes to getting an authorization/activation code at the end of your 30 day trial.