symbol in drawing

mitchkai

i would like to ask what is the meaning of triangle that has a punctuation mark inside..my pipe drawing has that kind of symbol as i edited my pipe that symbol kept appearing. :shock:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• Dadgad

• mitchkai

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would like to ask what is the meaning of triangle that has a punctuation mark inside..my pipe drawing has that kind of symbol as i edited my pipe that symbol kept appearing. :shock:

It is alerting you to a dimension which is non-associative, or which has become disassociated from the intended geometry in your modelspace.

Take a look at the bottom of your screen (left hand side). See the icon that looks like a big white cross? That toggles the Annotation Monitor on/off. Give it a try.

Annotation Monitor.JPG

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post and we'll take a look at it for ourselves.

AnnotationSymbol.jpg

Is this typical of the symbol you are seeing?

Edited by ReMark

I see a couple disconnects here. The OP said a triangle with an explanation point. Also, Dadgad said associative dimension and then pointed to a variable for Annotative settings. Another thing, the OP said that there is no dimension.

Mitchkai, are you drawing 3D pipe or is this linework? A screenshot of the offending triangle would be of some help.

Being that this is the beginners forum, it is not a good idea to turn solution tips off. It's like disconnecting your check engine light. It is a much better idea to find out what the error is and apply a fix.

I see a couple disconnects here. The OP said a triangle with an explanation point. Also, Dadgad said associative dimension and then pointed to a variable for Annotative settings. Another thing, the OP said that there is no dimension.

Mitchkai, are you drawing 3D pipe or is this linework? A screenshot of the offending triangle would be of some help.

The first time I encountered an unidentified exclamation point inside a triangle was when I started using Autocad 2013, and the default setting for ANNOMONITOR had been switched from 0 to 1 OOTB. It really confused me pretty good.

I know squat about Annotativity and Associativity, but the SYSVDLG description does address non-associativity. :)

I don't use annotative.JPG

That may be a typo. Without experimenting, I couldn't tell you for sure but I think that should read "non-annotative" as that is what the variable is addressing, not associativity.

That may be a typo. Without experimenting, I couldn't tell you for sure but I think that should read "non-annotative" as that is what the variable is addressing, not associativity.

You could well be right, probably are, I have no horse in this race, just know what is written, never use them. I wouldn't be surprised, I have caught a few other goofs in the SYSVDLG descriptions, which is, I suppose to be expected, or should I say endured. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Since the OP referenced a "pipe" I'm inclined to agree with those who suggested a vertical version of AutoCAD.

SolutionTips.gif

Edited by nestly

Really, typos within a professionally designed piece of software? Especially one by such an elite company like Autodesk. Don't they have proofreaders?[/quote

Not meant to imply that there should be typos, just that in an imperfect world,

and software things happen. When was the last time you installed a new version, and it was perfect, right out of the gate? Me too. :beer:

One of the other ones I have noticed is a reference to the XREFNOTIFYTIME system variable, which when entered at the commandline is not recognized.

Typically focused nestly video, cutting right to the chase, excellent! :beer:

Edited by Dadgad