System variable problem in eachand every drawing in Auto cad 2012

isutheparambil

this i got 2 weeks.. i never header before..no idea about this problem yet.., i think some files from outside may cause for this. but how it is only for one user, otherwise it will as usual for all other user from same pc...i wondered... also auto cad re installed, but no use.. if the pc formats .. then only ok..

Edited by isutheparambil
more adding

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isutheparambil

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try to locate all svf files.

When did this problem start happening? Have you ever not had the problem?

Good thought ReMark, maybe it is sniffing out an erroneous .SVF file.

I am surprised though that (assuming it really happened) restoring the default .SVF file didn't solve this?

Good thought ReMark, maybe it is sniffing out an erroneous .SVF file.

I am surprised though that (assuming it really happened) restoring the default .SVF file didn't solve this?

Maybe the defaults.svf file was overwritten with a different one? Difficult to say for sure. Then again maybe it is a rogue script file.

yeah, when format only the way i found to remove this problem, meanwhile there is two systems also effect this issue in last hour in my office, so i need to find the issue from where... the systems effected all showing message like virus, but that is not a virus, ie that is acaddoc.lsp file.

any way thanks for your supports to solve this...

Some possibilities...

1. You have a problematic defaults.svf file that you continue to use thinking that it is good. What is the date and file size of the one on your system?

Question: Can one of our other forum members, running AutoCAD 2012, check the date of their defaults.svf file and post it? Thanks.

2. When AutoCAD starts a script file is being run that is changing your settings. Can a script be run from a lisp routine?

3. You have a virus that runs a script and it is only a matter of time before all your CAD computers develop the same problem.

Edited by ReMark

Did you know that you can run a script at the startup of AutoCAD? It is accomplished by adding the /b startup switch to the end of the information in the Target box found in the Properties window for your desktop AutoCAD shortcut.

Is it possible this is what is happening on your system?

I'm still not convinced it's not a profile issue.

Even if this doesn't solve the problem, it will give you easy access to your preferred settings until you get this sorted.

Set up a profile with the settings the way you want them and export that profile to a location and note the location. Now, create a new shortcut for AutoCAD with a profile switch that points to that profile. Start AutoCAD from that shortcut and check the state of your settings.

I'm still not convinced it's not a profile issue.

Even if this doesn't solve the problem, it will give you easy access to your preferred settings until you get this sorted.

Set up a profile with the settings the way you want them and export that profile to a location and note the location. Now, create a new shortcut for AutoCAD with a profile switch that points to that profile. Start AutoCAD from that shortcut and check the state of your settings.

Always good advice Rob, and it certainly won't HURT anything, just might do the trick. :beer:

Since you seem to have preferences for how your variables work, as opposed to behaving totally randomly? You might as well save that information.

Which reminds me, if you ever do get your system, even MOMENTARILY set how you want it to be?

Create an .svf file, you can see the button for it in ReMarks earlier screenshot from the SYSVDLG command, once you have that saved somewhere

that you will remember, you can use it to restore all of your system variable settings, or copy them to a new machine.

Takes about a second to do it, time well spent, as the nightmare you have been living for the last

couple of weeks will attest. :|

how to create AutoCAD with a profile switch.. i got how to save a profile and how to run it on an opened Auto Cad..

if like that way i can do this, if create a shortcut with a profile switch without open an autocad, thats my confuse.

pl. explain me...

Some possibilities...

1. You have a problematic defaults.svf file that you continue to use thinking that it is good. What is the date and file size of the one on your system?

Question: Can one of our other forum members, running AutoCAD 2012, check the date of their defaults.svf file and post it? Thanks.

2. When AutoCAD starts a script file is being run that is changing your settings. Can a script be run from a lisp routine?

3. You have a virus that runs a script and it is only a matter of time before all your CAD computers develop the same problem.

What's the directory to the svf. file so I can check? Or is it found using the SYSVDLG command?

EDIT: There are two default svf. files on mine. One is dated 14/05/2009. The other is 07/10/2011. They are both called 'defaults.svf'. I started using AutoCAD around early August, 2013.

Dear,

I tried all as you told me, but no use...

apart from the mentioned, i have an important thing to tell you that i am using a network server inside our office, but that is not a remote server, and the other thing is when i am using the same pc with other user it is working as usual. but only the thing is it is not working in the specified user only. and some of other network users also this problem effecting now gradually.

That would indicate a Windows Profile problem, not an AutoCAD Profile problem.

how to create AutoCAD with a profile switch.. i got how to save a profile and how to run it on an opened Auto Cad..

if like that way i can do this, if create a shortcut with a profile switch without open an autocad, thats my confuse.

pl. explain me...

Did you try RobDraw's suggestion re: creating a new Profile?

YES...i tried, but bad luck...also i got several suggestions from our group which u seen here, this is a special case.. two days i m sitting here for to solve this..

any way..let me try the different ways, may be i can solve..hope so.....

pl. explain me...

To add a startup switch right click on your AutoCAD Shortcut then click on the Properties option. Startup switches are added at the end of the line in the Target box.

AutoCAD Shortcut.JPG

To run a script file to after launching AutoCAD add the startup switch with a space and the name of your script file. In the following example the script name is mycustomsvfscript.

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2010\acad.exe" /b "C:\mycustomsvfscript"

Hi,

Its working, but only for first file, otherwise while open an other file from the cad menu, same as before..and also this is the only thing that created shotcut of auto cad only i applied this script from my c drive.

i didnt try that on the master.( i mean admin application)..pl. let me know

What's working? You were given two different suggestions. One was from RobDraw about creating a new profile. The other was from me about editing the AutoCAD shortcut. I would have tried Robdraw's suggestion first. The question is, did you do that or not?

The Auto cad shortcut is working, but that is only can open the first file, that means the Drawing named file only without disturbance. on the first run i can see the script files r running on the command menu. then when i open a new drawing on the same Auto cad window, the drawing , with the variable problems.

except the profile suggestion from you (Re Mark), all suggestions are working well, but only the thing thats all are for the first drawing only. this is the issue now i m facing.

after repair, ie i applied that all possible chances, all that are for the first drawing only. what we can do for to open an other dwg in the same window, without any disturb... i hope u got me...

Is the current profile getting changed? What happens when you make the new profile current? Do the settings go back to the way you want them?