System variable problem in eachand every drawing in Auto cad 2012

isutheparambil

When i make the imported profile as current, it is working well, but only for the first drawing, after make the profile as current, then i make reset as u told me, it go back to the damaged mode on the same drawing file itself.

any how i cannot open the next drawing without a problem.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isutheparambil

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are confusing me.

Please, let's use names for the profiles and explain it again with as many details about the profiles as possible. This may take a while to track down and any information you can give might be helpful.

Do the variable settings change when you switch the profiles in the first drawing? Do they change when you switch profiles in the second drawing?

The best I can figure out is that no matter what suggestion the OP follows while it might work for the first drawing opened any subsequent drawing opened is somehow causing the svf file to change (original settings are lost) but I do not see how that is even possible. The language barrier here doesn't help either.

Yeah, I have a lot of trouble with accents. :)

I'm thinking using this new profile will help us track down what the problem is by making it work properly without making changes to the current default set-up. I'm also wondering where his in-house support is. He did mention other users.

I'm with you on the whole Profile approach. Maybe his approach is somehow flawed and we have failed to catch it thus far.

In middle school our French teacher spoke with a southern accent. "Parlez vous francais, ya'all."

I m answering your questions below..

Question 1. Do the variable settings change when you switch the profiles in the first drawing?....

Ans. YES

Question 2. Do they change when you switch profiles in the second drawing?

Ans. yes ( by open a second drawing, it will make the drawing change from the first drawing., that means second drawing is not success, by open a second drawing it go back to the damaged mode)

i hope you got it now.

Unless you are switching profiles when you open a second drawing there is no way the .svf file would change on its own.

How many different Profiles do you have and where are they located? Do you have Profiles that you use stored both on your computer and the network as well?

If things are getting reset when you open a new drawing that sounds like a problem with acaddoc.lsp unless you have acadlspasdoc = 1, then it could also be acad.lsp. as well.

There are viruses out there called acaddoc.lsp, acad.lsp, acad.fas, etc. you may want to look into that.

That i got .. but the real thing is different.. the profile is changing while open a second drawing.. i keep only the profile that which i imported on the drawing, and i make it as current profile, then i delete all other profiles even auto created unnamed profile also.. then how....

As SLW suggests, I think there may be a lisp that is changing the profile. In your new profile, remove all lisps from your start-up suite.

yes. i can.. can you advise me from which folder i need to search for that lsp files,(you mention that from start-up suite) from my computer or auto cad support, pl. clear the path., or folder which contains these files to remove..

Make sure you have the new profile active. While in AutoCAD, type APPLOAD. In the lower right is a section called "Startup Suite". Click on the "Contents" button and remove everything from that list. Export your profile again, to the same name and place. Restart AutoCAD.

No my friend, meanwhile i got some busy with work. any way, i am going to format our pcs now.. there is no chance i think,

thanks to everybody once more..for the valuable advises.. c u later with an other issue....

It might fix the problem but if you don't know what you did wrong, how are you going to know how to not to do it again? See you on the flip side.

Reformat a PC just to fix a problem with AutoCAD? STOP!

In my opinion that is the "nuclear" option and should only be used as a last resort.

First I would try a REPAIR of the installation.

If that doesn't work you then do an uninstall/reinstall following the procedure as outlined on the AutoDesk website.

I see no reason to reformat the hard drive.

Dear,

I tried all that you people advise me.

and also from my side i repair Auto Cad, No use...

then i uninstalled Autocad,

Then i re installed with a genuine version of Autocad......no use...

I told you that this is a rare case,

even this all doing not myself, with me 3 other IT professionals also.

So what can i do?///

Thats why this i told a different case to attacking a single user...

But you all share a network. And you all share drawings. It's like an office where one person gets a cold and it spreads itself around until everyone is sneezing and coughing and feeling pretty miserable.

Did you investigate the possibility the problem was a result of a macro virus as SLW alluded to?

BTW...if it is a macro virus there is no guarantee that you won't experience it again until you get to the root of the problem.