• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• matt bridle

• f700es

• Tankman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really sure, this is my first client that likes the look of a sketchy drawing, it may catch on. Personally there is an slight appeal about the softer looking drawing, I think it takes the sharpness off of a drawing.

I haven't used sketchup before, how can I download it and use it, is it simple to use. I have since tried CADsketch with another drawing and it appears I can alter it (except any hatching which for some reason becomes locked)?

OK Matt, I'm going to have to charge you double-overtime for this. Here is one last option called Squiggle. A trial version can be downloaded at:

http://www.aay.com/squiggle.htm

At this point i am just about tapped out for ideas with one notable, albeit hesitant, suggestion. I'd be willing to run your drawing through CADwizz using the Wizzle option. However, since the software is on my work computer, and not on my home computer, you would have to wait until this coming Monday (Dec 1st).

Thank you for your suggestions, I am sort of there, all suggestions seem to work its just whether I can find the time to work with them as it is always difficult when you first use a new program. I guess I thought it would be easy, and that I could simply alter a line whilst in CAD, when importing drawings from another program the whole process becomes more time consuming especially if you need to alter the drawing for planning purposes etc. Thanks again.

You're welcomed Matt.

Yes, working with two different pieces of software does have its downside. Hope you are able to arrive at a suitable and sucessful end result.

"Squiggle" download. Its limited to 30 days, but you can change your pc date before installing, or just back date your pc before each use. OOPS! did I say that out loud?

"Squiggle" download. Its limited to 30 days, but you can change your pc date before installing, or just back date your pc before each use. OOPS! did I say that out loud?

In the old days of DOS there was a program called 'Touch'.

'Touch' a file and it updated to current date.

Trial period dates were updated and never ran out.

It was necessary to 'Touch' the file before the trial ran out. :twisted:

A thirty day trial period? 'Touch' the file every twenty-nine days or, as

often as you need or get the urge.

In the old days of DOS there was a program called 'Touch'.

'Touch' a file and it updated to current date.

Trial period dates were updated and never ran out.

It was necessary to 'Touch' the file before the trial ran out. :twisted:

A thirty day trial period? 'Touch' the file every twenty-nine days or, as

often as you need or get the urge.

hahahha if your gonna do that then u might as well download a pirate version of the software... at least thats what i think... :glare::P

I used to use a program called 'smart architect'. it is an architectural add-on program like architectural desktop. Loved it.

It had a function called 'working to design' which would do something very similar to the wiggle command mentioned here. It did go one better than this though in that you were then able to select the 'design to working' command and it would revert bac to your original straight line drawing. Very useful for sketch stage drawings that we needed to remain looking sketchy so that the client didnt freak out when the drawings and design began to look 'firmed in' prematurely.

Would love a lisp routine that did this so i didnt have to 'wiggle' a copy of the drawings but rather just switch the same drawing between these two modes.

AECNAPKIN on the command line does it right from CAD

Just a side note...I don't believe vanilla Autocad has this command. Only the verticals if I remember correctly.