• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manumzo

• ReMark

• Cad64

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried all the possibilities but nothing is working.

Many Thanks for your help anyway.

If you succeed to do this, just let me know.

OK.....I don't work with materials, lights or do renders but somehow I found what you said was missing. Please expend a bit of effort on your part.

Please, instead of being sarcastic ReMark, try to make a can like i'm tring to do.

It takes less time than posting a screenshot ...

And you 'll see it's impossible !

I tried all the possibilities but nothing is working.

Many Thanks for your help anyway.

If you succeed to do this, just let me know.

OK.....I don't work with materials, lights or do renders but somehow I found what you said was missing. Please expend a bit of effort on your part.

Sorry I'm french and english language is not really easy for me ...

I have no desire to try and make a 3D can.

Remind me again where you heard about cylindrical mapping, scaling and tiling?

From your AutoCAD help file....(note the word in red).

Scale. Specify real-world units to use in scaling.

Explain me something ReMark : what is the point of answering to a post when you don't have any solution to propose ?

I don"t get it. Maybe it's just the pleasure to be sarcastic.

Well, i don"t think i'll find any solutions here (the best free help for Autocad on the web :huh:...)

I deaply regret these words ... sometimes i'm an ******* ...

Edited by manumzo

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Seek and ye shall find.

I've answered all your questions. Either you are too stubborn or too blind to realize it.

The solution to your problem was very well illustrated in the video by David Cohen. I can't top that.

Your seem to have been unaware of the cylindrical mapping feature until I mentioned it. Mr. Cohen mentioned it too.

You said there was no scaling option. I showed that there was.

You said the ability to enable/disable tiling was missing. I showed you that was untrue.

What else would you like me to do? I told you this is not the type of thing I normally do yet I was able to find what you couldn't. I can't explain why that was. Maybe I was just lucky.

If you want me to finish your project fine, send me everything you have, and when I have some time I'll give it my best shot. I'll post my results whether or not I am successful. Does that work for you?

(the best free help for Autocad on the web :huh:...)

I think we have given you all the information that we can. We have spent nearly 3 hours providing you with links to tutorials and videos and tried to explain, to the best of our abilities, how to go about mapping a texture to a cylinder. The rest is up to you. Sometimes the best way to learn how to do something is to just starting tweaking the settings, but if you truly can't figure it out, try the other advice that was given and install Blender. If you ask me, that's actually some pretty good free help.

Here's something else I just found. Download the pdf and scroll down to page 22 where they start talking about the texture editor: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CHQQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedoqs.com%2Fdownload%2F9bb76e27b619e6c2b83cfab7a3c44a94&ei=DGKrUp2iH86J2AW3g4DgCQ&usg=AFQjCNFo7JU_aSuPN8G9g7MsoRDJZKDEBw&sig2=Jsb63BqkdjQnCVJQHopvLw&bvm=bv.57967247,d.aWM

Listen, I only need help to make a simple object, a can. It should be easy.

I work on Autocad since 22 years now, and I made several project more or less complicated with 3DSmax too.

I don't want to argue with you. I just want to move on and find where the problem is.

Thanks for your help.

This is what you are having a problem with.

Repeat

Tiling wraps the selected object with the texture image. Because the texture is scaled to fit the object, you may need to offset the UV coordinates or rotate the texture to adjust the tiling effect.

Adjusting Materials.JPG

This is covered in your Help file. BTW...I'm using AutoCAD 2013 not 2014 today.

I tried this. I tried everything. I respect the dimensions of the label of the can and the dimensions of the can.

I'm used to make 3D object :

tabasco.jpg

crayons.jpg

(render on MAX)

So I know the basics.

But here, I don't find.

I apologize if I have not been completely helpful but this is not the sort of thing I do day in and day out. My work consists mainly of creating/editing process piping and instrumentation diagrams for a chemical company. Any 3D work I do is for fabricating tanks, stairs, platforms, supports and building framework. In my company there is no need to apply materials, light and render 3D drawings. That's considered unnecessary. So when a problem like yours comes along I am even less qualified than you to come up with a viable solution but at least I give it a good shot.

Your posted images are far, far better than anything I could ever do which still makes me wonder why on earth you would continue to want to do this soda can label in AutoCAD when it could be done so much easier in 3ds Max. I guess that's my real hang up here as I just don't understand your thinking. But hey, I've tackled some tough problems too just for the privilege of saying "I did that!" so if that is what this whole exercise is about then go for it. More power to you. I hope you are successful.

I'm right there behind you manumzo.

The offer still stands. Upload and attach what you have to your next post. When and if I have some time over the weekend (during the predicted snowstorm) I may play around with it. No promises made though.