Find and Select blocks that have certain attributes & Change colour in multple files

liamdonnelly0209

Hi All.

I am trying to achieve the following:

for example... in 100 floor plans there are blocks that have certain attribute values. i want to be able to create a script/lisp that will find all blocks that include a certain piece of text ie "window" in the attribute value and change the block to a certain colour.

Essentially it is the same way that the "FIND" command works but via command line/lisp/script etc instead. This will be so i can apply this specific task without user input on the 100 floor plans.

Is there a way to do this as ive searched hundreds of terms/forums/ideas etc and came up with only find and replace tools or change all text in a drawing to certain colour.

Your help is greatly appreciated =]

Totally untested :

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:chbyav [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ bn nc ss i en ed an ad ch[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq bn [color=#2f4f4f]"*"[/color]        [color=#8b4513];BLOCK Name search[/color]
       av [color=#2f4f4f]"window"[/color]   [color=#8b4513];ATTRIBute Value search[/color]
       nc 5[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]         [color=#8b4513];New Color[/color]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget [color=#2f4f4f]"X"[/color] [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]list [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 0 [color=#2f4f4f]"INSERT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                                [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 2 bn[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                                [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cons 66 1[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
       [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq i 0[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
       [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss i[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    an [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entnext en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    ad [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    ch nil[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]while [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"ATTRIB"[/color] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                     [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]and [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]wcmatch [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]strcase [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ad[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
                                   [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]strcase [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]strcat [color=#2f4f4f]"*"[/color] av [color=#2f4f4f]"*"[/color][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                          [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]setq ch T[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                     [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq an [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entnext an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                           ad [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]and ch
                  [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entmod
                     [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]if [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 62 ed[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]subst [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]cons 62 nc[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b] [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]assoc 62 ed[b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b] ed[b][color=RED])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]append ed [b][color=PURPLE]([/color][/b]list [b][color=TEAL]([/color][/b]cons 62 nc[b][color=TEAL])[/color][/b][b][color=PURPLE])[/color][/b][b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
              [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq i [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]1+ i[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David

Yeah i apologise for that. i wanted to rename the title as i didnt think this one was great, and then couldnt figure out how to delete and had allready created the other one.

Lesson Learnt. =]