Stainless steal appliances look black!!!!!

turtlelove226

Hey Everyone,

I am very new to 3D Max. I am creating a condo suite and I have imported some kitchen maid stainless steel appliances. The fridge is rendering great but the Stove and hook just look black. I cant seem to get the lighting on it right to make it look like stainless steel. When i imported the stove and left the daylight system that it came with it lights up the whole room so that doesnt work.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!!!

• 2 years later...

I just found this thread today. It somehow got posted to a part of the forum that doesn't exist anymore, so I have dragged it over and placed it here. Since this question is 2 years old, I'm sure you have already solved the problem, but if for some strange reason you're still having trouble, post some images here so we can see what's going on.

Sorry about the issue with your post getting lost. Not really sure how that happened? :unsure:

if you used the same material on 2 objects in the same scene with the same environment but one look good and the other look black, then the problem is with your model itself

Select the object that doesn't render correctly and make sure the faces are not flipped the wrong way