open in autocad *.sv$,*.bak,*.dwg files

1) george_ replaced

[code]
[color="red"]  (if path (vla-open (vla-get-Documents (vlax-get-Acad-Object)) dwg :vlax-false))[/color] ;<-- MDI mode

make sure

(vl-load-com)

Thanks dear hanhphuc .

GOOD ,but I want not rename *.sv$,

eg, if I want open drawing2_1_1_6423.sv$ Red file name unchanged.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• hanhphuc

• SLW210

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must suffer a large number of crashes to want to go through all this trouble. Maybe you should be looking at what is causing the problem in the first place rather than reacting to the result of the problem.

Try the Recover command. It does for you what you are trying to do by another method.

Yes i know ,but i have to find the same path again. Is it possible to add a filter in the code and if the file needs recover then open it with the recover command?

Thanks

1) I can't open *.dwg files from my temp file becouse try coppy and rename it and the can not find it !

2) After the fattal error i open Autocad . Open as Drawing 1 . When i open the renamed *.bak file with this lip root opens as second drawing in autocad. Is it possible to open as current drawing ? There is no reason to stay open the drawing 1 because after fatal error Autocad crash

(defun C:bak (/ fn path dwg) ;v1.1
 (if (setq fn (getfiled "Select file" (getvar "tempprefix") "sv$;bak;dwg" 2))
   (setq path (strcat (vl-filename-directory fn) "\\")
  dwg  (vl-filename-mktemp  (strcat (vl-filename-base fn) "_") path ".dwg")
  fn   (if (/= (strcase (vl-filename-extension fn)) ".DWG")
	 (vl-file-copy fn dwg t)
	 dwg
	 ) ;_ end of if
  ) ;_ end of setq
   (princ "Failed! *cancel*")
   ) ;if
 (terpri)
 (if path (vla-open (vla-get-Documents (vlax-get-Acad-Object)) dwg :vlax-false)) ;<-- MDI mode
 (princ)
 ) ;bak

Thanks

1) I can't open *.dwg files from my temp file becouse try coppy and rename it and the can not find it !

2) After the fattal error i open Autocad . Open as Drawing 1 . When i open the renamed *.bak file with this lip root opens as second drawing in autocad. Is it possible to open as current drawing ? There is no reason to stay open the drawing 1 because after fatal error Autocad crash

you should listen to advise by ReMark regarding finding *.sv$.*bak can't solve the problem. You should try other solutions

previously i had fatal error / crashed if each time invoke command: layer

i solved it by adding acad to D.E.P exception list. almost similar your case? try & see whether it helps?

My Computer -> (Right click) Properties ->

Advanced -> (Performance) Settings -> Data Execution Prevention ->

Add -> AutoCAD Application

finally -> tick the check box

reboot

It seems the OP would rather find files after a crash then explore the reasoning behind what is causing the crash in the first place. That is no way to work. It is inefficient and wholly unproductive. It doesn't matter if he successfully completes the lisp program. If he is still suffering through repeated crashes on a daily basis what has he accomplished?

prodro:

How many times a day (or a week) does AutoCAD crash?

What are you attempting to do when AutoCAD crashes?

Are there any error messages and if so what do they say?

Do these crashes occur randomly or are they apt to happen at the same point in a drawing session?

Can you "force" a crash by executing a particular command? If so, what command would that be?

Do these crashes happen no matter what drawing you are working on or only when you are working on a specific drawing (or set of drawings)?

What are your system specs?

Have you installed any/all service packs for your version of AutoCAD?

What have you done to troubleshoot the problem so far?

What other programs are running in the background as you are working in AutoCAD?

Are you hooked up to a network or is this a standalone workstation?

Are you interested in getting to the root cause of the problem?

Hi ReMark . I can not understand why you are writing this

How many times a day (or a week) does AutoCAD crash?

What are you attempting to do when AutoCAD crashes?

Are there any error messages and if so what do they say?

Do these crashes occur randomly or are they apt to happen at the same point in a drawing session?

Can you "force" a crash by executing a particular command? If so, what command would that be?

Do these crashes happen no matter what drawing you are working on or only when you are working on a specific drawing (or set of drawings)?

What are your system specs?

Have you installed any/all service packs for your version of AutoCAD?

What have you done to troubleshoot the problem so far?

What other programs are running in the background as you are working in AutoCAD?

Are you hooked up to a network or is this a standalone workstation?

Are you interested in getting to the root cause of the problem?

I am not trying to crash my autocad ,but many times when i do right click in Mtext editor and paste a text gives me fatal error an lose all the job. I didn't know that in the temp file i can find a bak file , so i draw from the beginning or from the last save. This post is important for me and thank you for the help.

but many times when i do right click in Mtext editor and paste a text gives me fatal error an lose all the job.

I am also facing a FATAL error when I invoke the HATCH command and chose the button Add: Pick points in AutoCAD 2014 and I have been sending this message to Autodesk for weeks now , but without any reply .

If you do not understand why I asked all those questions then you do not understand the nature of troubleshooting a problem. Without information there is no real solution. You are reacting to the problem; you are not fixing the problem. There is a difference.

You don't want to answer the questions? Fine. The bottom line is you will continue to suffer crashes that could perhaps be avoided. Enjoy the experience.

I'll also ask, what is the exact error message?

Also, what Graphics Card and Driver are you using?

Specs of the computer?

What OS? 32-bit or 64-bit?

If possible answer all of ReMark's questions, but at least answer these.

Also, if you would be diligent in using Ctrl+S (Save) your need in all of those other files would be non-existent.

One would believe that solving your crash problem would trump a workaround.

Do you have the latest driver?

I do not see that Graphics card on AutoCAD recommended list, maybe I missed it.

His hardware acceleration on or off?

I do all the updates for the drivers.

I have seen a lot of times this fatal error when i do wright click in mtext editor and when i try to bind something (not all the times :?).