kizaerf

TRIM only selected lines

kizaerf

So I will select certain lines and do the trim command but it will trim any line that I drag the mouse over whether i selected that line to trim or not. Is there a way for it to JUST trim the lines I select and nothing else?

BIGAL

Fence option maybe Trim obj F

nestly

It should not be trimming anything that's not actually picked (or part of a windowed selection). Perhaps COMMANDPREVIEW is misleading you to believe the object(s) are being trimmed, but they're not actually trimmed yet (until they're selected)

Dana W

In my experience any line crossing the selected "fence" will be trimmed IF it is selected, that is clicked on (or windowed) once the trim command is active. The lines to be trimmed do not have to be pre-selected, in fact it is rather pointless to previously select anything but the trimming line or polygon.

Nestly may be on to something. In AutoCad 2015 the selection preview for trim makes the lines rolled over dissapear almost completely although they are not yet actually trimmed until selected.

Edited by Dana W

Murph_map

Try EDGEMODE = 0

RobDraw

Like nestly said, it shouldn't trim anything unless you select it. Something is not making sense here.

Can you describe your procedure with some more detail and maybe a screen shot or two?