1 closed, degenerate or unsupported object rejected

Testbed27

Is there anything specific that you'd still like help with. I kinda described how I'd use PRESSPULL, and how I'd determine how wide to make the slots to accept the rib tabs at an angle, but I didn't go into much detail. I do want to reiterate thought that I probably wouldn't explode or otherwise edit the parts as 2d objects at all, FLATSHOT would only be the method used to create the 2D pattern from the finished 3D parts.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nestly

• Testbed27

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh... although I didn't demonstrate it, there's a handy AutoCAD Exchange app created by someone that's also a member here that can really streamline the process of creating voids where solids overlap (your "slots") The Trim feature is similar to INTERFERE, then Subtract, but it's all done in a single step.

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Atrimsplit%3Aen

Hi Nestly,

You have really opened my eyes to new techniques. I just did a small job where I needed to create a stand to hold material for the end of the CNC. I drew it and used INTERFERE and FLATSHOT as per your suggestion. I know I need to perfect the process but what a cool features. It worked perfectly. I guess FLATSHOT only works on flat items and cannot be use to roll out a curved surface? I guess will still use the UNFOLDSURF for the curves.

Also if I may come back to my original question being "1 closed, degenerate or unsupported object rejected"..... what does this mean. I figured it is telling me there are issues but what steps can I take, if any, to discover what the issues are?

Regard

Tested27

Hi Nestly,

Thanks for the link to the trimsplit app. It looks great and looking forward to giving it a shot. Just thought I would let you know I just finished having a Pucker Moment!! After the app installed my AutoCAD Ribbon disappeared!! It took me some time to get it back and its not 100% the way I had it but I can still do my work, just thought I would share so you could giggle.

Whoa, that's not cool. Hopefully, it was just a temporary thing and all will be well once you reload the Ribbon and/or restart AutoCAD. I have TrimSplit installed on multiple computers and multiple versions of AutoCAD and never had that happen. There are contact links on the App page for support, or you can leave feedback/review. Of course if you also start a topic here about AutoCAD interface issues.

Back to the original issue, I've never seen the "1 closed, degenerate or unsupported object rejected" error, and I'm not seeing it in your attached file either. I am having trouble making a REGION of the the largest enclosed area on part #26 however (0 loops extracted / 0 Regions created) Although I was successful when using BOUNDARY command (BPOLY) rather than REGION to create the Region.... so there's another potential tool for your toolbox. LOL