HELP: Dimension text will change to a wrong measurment when dimension text is moved

vernonlee

Part 4:

When snapping dimensions, polar tracking comes in handy. If you are a bit off the snap marker on your object, you will see a dashed snap marker in your aperture, and tracking vectors (dashed lines) in the view. Don't click the dimension in until you see a solid line snap marker and no tracking vectors. The vectors don't show when you are right on the snap marker. Phooie, the vectors are almost invisible in this screen shot.

tracking.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• Dana W

• samifox

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even with all that above being perfect, paperspace dimensions will sometimes revert to measuring paperspace if manipulated. That is the reason I changed to annotative dimensions in modelspace.

There was something I forgot to add. When moving to a snap, usually the "hard" snap, solid marker, will occur right away, but any further minute movement can result in the case where the marker goes dashed and the vectors appear, because the program thinks you are using that marker as a tracking marker once you begin to move away again. Unfortunately the older I get the more often this happens to me. :shock: