Cannot rotate copied lines by changing the angle of degree in properties

djleon

I did an F1 search in CAD and couldn't find the answer. I have be remodeling a floor plan and notice that when I copy a room or single line, I am unable to change the angle in properties. The calculator shows up in the properties angle cell, but when it's there, It doesn't work. Is there a setting to change this? Thank you.

I'm not sure it's possible without using the ROTATE command. You can manipulate the angle of some objects by changing the rotation parameter, but lines (or polylines) don't have this setting, how would AutoCAD know where the line should pivot from?

Thank you, that I can do. I am wondering why I cannot simply type the angle desired into the "angle" cell in properties under Geometry when the lines or objects have been copied from a previous drawing. It is as if the cells are locked.

I am wondering why I cannot simply type the angle desired into the "angle" cell in properties

SAFeSteR answered that already.

how would AutoCAD know where the line should pivot from?

Any options would involve setting a base point somehow.

Why not just use the rotate command?

Is this for a specific situation or you just want to be able to do it any line?