Need Assistance Drawing Spring

Since it is a symbol why try to impart a pictorial view to the spring? For our spring operated ball valves we use a zigzag to represent the spring.

Just following directions ReMark. Not a bad idea, though. I'll take a look for other symbols in our library that might have a representation of a spring that I can copy to see what approach was used.

Something like one of these

EDIT: Damn it some people are quick :o

In light of Rob's concern about the spring coils bleeding, perhaps the one you did with the double lines would be safer. I like it. :)

Steve, the single line coil is almost perfect. Fewer coils would get it there. I'm trying to figure out how you got it so symmetrical.

The user is free to increase the spacing between the zigzags. I've printed "D" size drawings on "B" sized paper and our engineers can still recognize a spring loaded valve from one that isn't.

Steve, the single line coil is almost perfect. Fewer coils would get it there. I'm trying to figure out how you got it so symmetrical.

I left the preparation stages in the drawing, just drew the spline and then trimmed it at each end because they can be a bit sloppy with a spline.

Sorry Rob, you can only do that with LT. :beer:

Further thought tells me that the pigtail coil representation is not accurate. The zig-zag is much more representative of the side view of a spring.

Somebody already decided what the symbol should look like and I needed it for a submission today. Thanks for looking it up, though. We need one in our library and I will show him that one. It's similar to our other check valves.

I'm glad you didn't draw it. "I see bad CAD." I've got issues with just about every aspect of the drafting. So much so, that I'm afraid to look at the actual work or even the website.

Somebody already decided what the symbol should look like and I needed it for a submission today. Thanks for looking it up, though. We need one in our library and I will show him that one. It's similar to our other check valves.

I'm glad you didn't draw it. "I see bad CAD." I've got issues with just about every aspect of the drafting. So much so, that I'm afraid to look at the actual work or even the website.

I do care about aspect too it was just to show you that symbol has been standardized and pretty much universal so the intention was never to reinvent the wheel but to me a spring loaded check valve are always represented according to the standard and no time is spent on fancy stuff specially not for for symbol.

R