Exporting to PDF

emilyf

ReMark: I am afraid that I am one of those bad people who plot from model space, so paper space is a bit of a dark art as far as I am concerned.

I usually fumble away in units of ten until it looks right :?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• eldon

• emilyf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did have to print a metric file to scale once for a building department. It was years ago. No one had a metric scale so I couldn't verify my results without converting. I don't remember the details but I'm usually pretty good with conversion type stuff. I think what got me flustered was MS vs. PS units.

OK then, guess I'll have to wait and see. I don't work with these types of drawings (metric) often enough to remember what the right viewport scale is supposed to be. In this case I researched equivalent imperial architectural scales to metric architectural scales and converted a copy of the drawing over to imperial. After setting that drawing up using a viewport scale of 1/4"=1'-0" I saved it under a different name then converted it back to metric. Definitely the most roundabout method one could use I suppose.

If anyone wants a full copy of either drawing just PM me with an email address and I'll fire it off.

Even though I don't usually plot from Paper Space, I had a little fumble, and I think that your two images are A1 sheets at a scale of 1:50.

I usually set the scale in the custom scale box as 1/50, and then it tells me that it is at 1:50 - clever stuff. (this is for millimetre units)

P.S. I ignored the existing Layouts because they seemed to want to be printed on a sheet of paper 8410 x 5940 mm, i.e. ten times what they should be, so I created new layouts from first principles.

Its so easy guys in metric to work out a scale in metric just think about it this way there is 1000mm in 1m so every scale is a ratio 1:50 1000/50=20

Now the so so so simple with units set to mm or metre make sure you have the viewports toolbar turned on. Create your title block in a layout at 1:1 scale for A1 thats about 800x520, create a mview inside and zoom to a scale that your happy with say like what Remark posted, now for the magic from inside the viewport have a look at your toolbar a number will appear say 0.503 this means you are so close to a true metric scale. Just type 0.5 in the box you will see a true scale appear 1/200

For us in metres enter 4 in box this gives 1:250 5 1:200 10 1:100 and so on.

ScreenShot023.jpg

ScreenShot024.jpg

ScreenShot025.jpg

damn, it was harder to upload the files rather than creating the pdfs.

.rar exceeds 500kb, so I couldn't upload them on cadtutor, you can download them from here: http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=3cd3dcd59b

Every drawing is fitted on A1 with scale 1:50.

However, I'm used with non-layout plotting method:

Just draw a rectangle with the sheetsize (if your units are cm's and you want A1 - it would be 84,1x59,4 units) this would represent your sheetsize with scale 1:1,

to represent scale 1:50, you need to scale that rectangle 50 times and TADA! you got frame for A1 sheet, and when plotting it, everything in it would be in 1:50 scale. Also I guess you need to check out the plot menu with "Ctrl+P"

As for the layout method, its kinda simmilar, except you don't have to build that rectangle, you would work with the viewports there.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened with the original poster? Did they get what they needed? These always bum me out when guys work at trying to get you the correct solution then no, "hey thanks it works" or "screw off" I mean anything would be nice considering the effort put it (No matter how easy it was for some)

Whatever happened with the original poster? Did they get what they needed? These always bum me out when guys work at trying to get you the correct solution then no, "hey thanks it works" or "screw off" I mean anything would be nice considering the effort put it (No matter how easy it was for some)

I love these threads that keep going without the OP.

Yup, I already mentioned that. Unfortunately, it's a part of the nature of forums.

Yup, I already mentioned that. Unfortunately, it's a part of the nature of forums.

I saw that and felt compelled to give my two cents as well. You are spot on though, it is def the nature of forums.

The last time we heard from Emily was all the way back at post #9. She never acknowledged whether or not the problem was solved to her satisfaction although I did end up solving it to my own satisfaction using multiple layouts with a single viewport each.