Beginner: help with modelling 3d curved solids

dementia

Dear community,

I'm a relatively new acad user, somewhat managing myself well with 2d drawing, and venturing into 3d drawing and modelling. I've struggled with some curved parts for the hull of a vehicle I'm designing, especially bringing it to be a solid object.

I've been able to achieve the surfaces of the body I was looking forward to compose, however, I'm having what seems to be a very common problem, no watertight envelope. I've read about it and seems that Inventor is capable of stitching these minimal holes in the envelope. I acquired the program but really don't know how to use it. Could someone help me sealing this up to make a solid, whether it's inventor or autocad?

My filesize is too big (more than 1mb), so cannot attach directly, here is download link instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ouzd1tzt3jll933/hull%20quarter.dwg?dl=0

Thannks! :)

Is this some sort of watercraft you are designing? If it is a vehicle and not a boat or jetski wouldn't creating the body using surfaces be a better way to go?

I created those through lofting and patching, thought those resulted in surfaces? I'd rather have a solid as this part needs further editing through subtractions and intersections... Sculpting is not working however, and the upper patch doesn't seem to close up completely even when I input the proper surface edges... you can actually see some tiny holes which impediment the sculpt. Thanks!

I've thought about this! although my basic attempts resulted in simplified objects that don't seem quite precise... what procedure would you suggest for working with meshes (I'm clearly not an expert)?

I'm not an expert either although I played one on TV once (one episode; the show was cancelled). LoL

I have no real experience with meshes although I've experimented with them briefly. They are not required in my line of work. I was just spit-balling the problem.