inserting dynamic block in to model space

srini

i remember in my old company, i used to insert dynamic block from tool palette.

I use to select two points on model space to select the length of beam i needed.

how to do that ?

I made blocks, but when i insert, a window opens up and asks for length. I want to select two points on model space to specify the length of beam, instead of entering the length in numbers.

As far as I know you weren't activating a block insert from the tool palette but a lisp that asked for points and then inserted the block accordingly.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

back then, some one did those block and gave to me. now, i am doing them myself. i dont know what lisp to use, and how it works.

Do you have that lisp ? can you give it me, so that i can paste it and use it?

thank you.

If you are using LT as it says in your profile then you are out of luck, as LT doesn't support LISP, in LT the only options available are the dialogue you get for insertion or using dynamic actions after a block has been inserted.