help dwg file very slow

i have a dwg file about 9mb when i save, refedit etc it is very slow !!! i do all!!! i can not understand who is to slow the drawing!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• RobDraw

• dkeran

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could try overkill & purge. Also try opening a new drawing file and copy & paste all your information across and save. Sometimes these methods seriously reduce file sizes and may help speed things up.

i have a dwg file about 9mb when i save, refedit etc it is very slow !!! i do all!!! i can not understand who is to slow the drawing!!

Hi

Have you checked to see if you have MicroStation .DGN complex linetypes in your .DWG? Was a problem with AutoCAD 2013/2014. Symptoms are, odd looking linetype definitions in the linetype manager dialog box, unusually large drawings, slow loading, and inability to copy information into or from .DWGs.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-DWG-files-unexpectedly-increase-in-file-size.html

Edited by Spaj

thanks but i do it all!!!

Please tell us the steps you've done to try to solve this.

Is this just the one file or are all files affected?

I was able to speed the drawing up, somewhat, by deleting all blocks named PAL_10P and by deleting 159 block references that mainly appeared as dots (way off in space) named cas_9. I was unsuccessful in my attempts to reduce the file size to any real extent. Audit reported over 240,000 objects and 6158 blocks.

Looking at a front view of the drawing I found 187 objects that are above/below the bulk of the objects in the drawing. Most are listed as being "dimension disassociated."

Well it is one of the more interesting drawings I've seen. You have certainly packed a lot of detail into it.

Edited by ReMark

Is this typical of the files that you usually work on?

There is a lot of stuff in there.

Edited by RobDraw

How You Can purge a Lot of things ?The Main problema si when refedit a Block You exit And i must wait a Lot until autocarro regen