is it possible to lock the axis?

euro_z

I checked out the videos on 3D align. Seems to be more geared towards positioning one object directly onto another. I think moving/copying things allong a particular axis with the gizmo is more what I'm after. It's just a pity that the referenceing of points on other objects while locked to an axis works so inconsistently. I guess I'm just gonna have to learn to live with it..

Thanks for the help everyone!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zandala

• ReMark

• Glen1980

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried forcing the end or midpoint snaps when it isn't selecting the point you want? I type end but you also have the option of icons or selecting it from the drop down menu's

YES! Forcing the snaps seems to bash it into submission when it decides to stop working. Not sure why one should have to re enter a snap command when Object Snap is alredy turned on but thanks a lot for the workaround!

Cheers:D

• 8 years later...

OSNAPZ does well the trick. Once i have some basic 3d polyline sketch done, I switch OSNAPZ to 1, and then I can drag 3d polyline vertices over a flat 2d underlay lines, and the 3d vertices would maintain original elevation Z values instead of snapping to the flat lines.