2018 Autocad LT on sale

wallmaxx

What did I type that was confusing? I guess brevity comes with pitfalls.

2018 LT is on sale for $285 for the next few days (sale ends pretty quick)

I'm no salesperson......go here.... https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-lt/subscribe?plc=ACDLT&term=1-YEAR&support=ADVANCED&quantity=1

Seems pretty good for my 2d requirements. It returns to $380 I think around mid SEP.

Full AutoCAD is still quite a bit more.

AutoDesk dropped the RENTAL price. You can no longer purchase a perpetual license.

If money is of concern there is always the FREE 2D CAD program called Draftsight.

• Like 1

Correct @ReMark - that $285 is per year, every year. When you quit paying, it quits working. You can pretty much bet that when renewal time comes around, it won't be $285 again.

There are other alternatives also, such as BricsCAD, which is closer to full AutoCAD (not AutoCAD LT).

You can still purchase a perpetual license of BricsCAD for as low as US$550. If you choose to never pay again, it works forever.

If you want a real deal, price-wise, then consider Draftsight Professional. For a limited time it is $99 U.S. for a twelve month license. One neat feature of Draftsight Pro is...

G-Code Generator: Allows you to create the G-Code for the machining of a part. G-Code is an NC (numerically controlled) programming language used for controlling automated machining.

CNC abilities, Which can be found in either Bricscad and Advance Steel as well. Just try them for a while.

But i can be hard to believe the prices of different software are so incredible different, accomplishing the same.

Imo it is better to buy / sell / develop and learn 'functionality' in stead of timely based 'membership' of a overwhelming amount of software. Just my opinion..

https://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/docs/en_US/V17/Brochure_SM_v17_pages.pdf

If you want a real deal, price-wise, then consider Draftsight Professional. For a limited time it is $99 U.S. for a twelve month license. One neat feature of Draftsight Pro is...

G-Code Generator: Allows you to create the G-Code for the machining of a part. G-Code is an NC (numerically controlled) programming language used for controlling automated machining.

Nice. I just picked up a year license of Draftsight Pro.

The dimensioning is interesting. It seems to snap to offsets from the dimensioned edge. Keeps things looking uniform.

I've been jumping between Chief Architect (CA), AutoCAD LT (LT), and DraftSight (DS) all morning.

It's been fun.

Had to set LT to default save to 2013 format so that DS could open those files.

Tried the ZoomAllExtents lisp in DS but it wouldn't load it.

I guess it's a bit picky.

Tried RayTrace in CA (new machine is 6 years newer than my old CAD machine) that was cool.

Hawley Example Kitchen.jpg

I'll need more time with DS to find out how to do simple things like unlocking layers. So easy in LT.

Tried the ZoomAllExtents lisp in DS but it wouldn't load it.

I guess it's a bit picky.

Some lisp routines, (written for Autocad), might not work in Draftsight or other CAD programs. They may require different coding.

You can pretty much bet that when renewal time comes around, it won't be $285 again.

I have also verified that if you are an existing customer, and your existing rental period is nearing the end, you do NOT qualify for the $285. You, as an existing customer, must pay the full retail price in order to keep renting the application.

I would LOVE to see a survey of former LT users that have moved on to other products. While I prefer AutoCAD I can see why some users are looking/looked to other products. I myself have tried lots of them and so far none of them are as "fluid" in their workflow to me as AutoCAD.

Options are ALWAYS good to have.

• 1 month later...