• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WodMarsden

• CADTutor

• irneb

• David Bethel

• 1 year later...

Thank you for this lisp,i am very new to lisps.

Is there anyway you can have the table update automaticaly.

Say i delete or add sum more lines to the layer,can i have it so the table updates on its own?

Can any1 help me or teach me how to update this application.My plan is to have the table in a template border and weneva a certain layer is added the lengths are automatically added up and updated in the table weneva they are changed.

Thank you very much for that irneb,is there anyway of making it so it updates itself wen a line is changed in length or a new line is added?

Not immediately, you have to save the DWG and it should pop-up with a DataLink requires update pop-up - which you can click for it to update. Or in the bottom right of the status bar should be an icon with what looks like 2 chain-links: right-click and select "Update All Data Links ...". Otherwise the command is DataLinkUpdate.

At present it reads all layers. To edit this you can add a filter: Select one of the cells of the table (single click so the bolded border of the cell is shown). Right-click and select Data Extraction --> Edit Data Extraction Settings. Click Next until you arrive at the Data Extraction - Refine Data (Page 4 of 7) dialog. Right click on the Layer column and select "Filter options" you can either pick each layer by urning on/off the checkbox next to its name, or adding a Begins with / Contains filter. OK & Next out until you reach the Finally button - after which the table should be updated.

You can do most things in that Refine Data page, e.g. change the number format of the Length column, or rename a column, sort the table on one or more columns, add calculated columns, etc.

BTW, for some reason I can't seem to combine different types of objects on the same layer into one line. I've hidden the Name (which I've renamed to Type) column, but it still shows 2/more lines per layer. Does anyone else know if there's a way to get round this? I've already selected Combine by Sum on the Length column, no other option available to the rest.

It wont let me edit the Date extraction
Have you extracted both the DWG and the DXE file in the ZIP I attached? You need to have them both in the same folder.

If it still doesn't work: As an alternative the attached is an eTransmit (which should have pathed the link relative to the DWG).

Its great thanks,just need to try and figure out how to combine all the types.e.g arcs,line & pline.
Yes, I've got that same problem. It doesn't seem to allow such combinations! :(

Rename the display names in section 2 of 7,and then in the refine data section.right click on the header and change the combine record mode to sum values.

Rename the display names in section 2 of 7,and then in the refine data section.right click on the header and change the combine record mode to sum values.
Awesome! Thanks for that!

Attached is the modified files.

Lengths.zip