• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• Cad64

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a tolerance dimension. It tells the machinist that the hole diameter can be a minimum of 0.623 to a maximum of 0.625.

And what is the 2X mean? (see below)

vibarm.png

And what is the 2X mean? (see below)

It means that a hole of that size and tolerance exists in 2 places on the part. I'll let you figure out where the other hole is located.

It means that a hole of that size and tolerance exists in 2 places on the part. I'll let you figure out where the other hole is located.

I don't know. Can you please tell me where the other hole is located?

Since it's not has a dimension, could this hole is the other hole you mentioned? (see below)

vibarm.png

Edited by basty

Sorry but I would be doing you a great disservice by handing you all the answers. Just look at the drawing. It's very obvious where the other .625 hole is located.

If you really can't figure it out, based on the information provided on the drawing, Look below for a hint.

1. There are 3 holes in the part

2. One hole is labeled .625

3. One hole is labeled .50

So where is the other .625 hole?

Sorry but I would be doing you a great disservice by handing you all the answers. Just look at the drawing. It's very obvious where the other .625 hole is located.

If you really can't figure it out, based on the information provided on the drawing, Look below for a hint.

1. There are 3 holes in the part

2. One hole is labeled .625

3. One hole is labeled .50

So where is the other .625 hole?

This one?

vibarm.png

Perhaps the OP is going the self-taught route which is all fine and well but the onus is on him to do the research to become familiar with the topic at hand before blindly forging ahead.

It means the diameter of the hole is 0.75 but the hole only penetrates to a depth of .50 understand?

When are you going to buy that machinist's handbook?

With the power of the Internet it is not that difficult to gain a basic understand of almost any subject matter. Please take a moment to educate yourself regarding dimensioning and tolerancing symbols by clicking on the link below. If you don't know what to search for then ask and someone here will probably be able to provide you with a starting point.

http://www.draftingzone.com/shoppingzone/6-1.pdf

Edited by ReMark

It means the diameter of the hole is 0.75 but the hole only penetrates to a depth of .50 understand?

Yes I understand. But which hole is ∅.75?

Yes I understand. But which hole is ∅.75?

Perhaps you should stop looking at that image and take a look at the other one below. I think it may be a bit easier to understand.

Vibrator_Arm.png

Perhaps you should stop looking at that image and take a look at the other one. I think it may be a bit easier to understand.

vibarm.png

I still don't know, so please someone tell me which hole is D.75?

I still don't know, so please someone tell me which hole is D.75?

I'm assuming you didn't even look at the image I posted because it tells you exactly which hole is D.75. Or maybe you just don't understand basic drafting?

You obviously need training, so you should take SLW210's advice about enrolling in a course at a local school. CadTutor is here to help you when you have software problems or when you get stuck and need help or guidance to figure something out, but we're not here to teach you how to be a drafter.

I also agree with ReMark about the Machinery's Handbook. It is a "Must Have" for anyone working in the machining/manufacturing industry.

I believe it would be the hole at the top. I think the description "1/2 drill" probably might have been someone's attempt to indicate the depth of the hole which really is negated by the 3/4 C-BORE - 1/2 DP notation.

Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about? I do not understand. Please explain.