Bill Tillman

What's Up With Hatch Grips ?

Bill Tillman

I have a rectangular shaped hatch, it's for a 1/4" tall by 4" long space. I was wanting to edit it's boundaries but what I see when I select it is only a single blue dot grip in the middle of the hatch. There is nothing at the perimeters like I am expecting.

Cad64

A single grip means the hatch is associative. If you stretch the rectangle the hatch will move and stretch with the boundary.

If the hatch has grips at all the corners then it is not associative. If you stretch the rectangle, the hatch will not move and stretch with the boundary.

If you want to see all the grips at the corners, select the hatch and then go into your Properties palette, in the "Pattern" section, and set "Associative" to No.

SLW210

I get all grips on hatches Associative or not.

Can you post the drawing? Is the hatch at 0 elevation?

Cad64

Here's what I get. As you can see, the associative hatch has one grip in the center and the non-associative hatch has grips on all corners. Maybe there's a setting that controls grip display?

Hatch.jpg

Metachik

It sounds like you want to change the hatch boundaries, but not the rectangle, so you've got to lose the hatches association with the rectangle... click on the hatch > right click > hatch edit > untick associative