How to calculate road widths between a given distance?

vorno

Hi everyone,

Long-time user of the forum, but first-time poster.
Thank you all over the years for your various contributions, they have helped me a lot over the last ~8years!

My problem:

I have ~15km of road where I need to calculate the width of the existing road every 10m, using a survey consisting of polylines.

I then need to take this information and put it into a table (Excel for example).

So far I've found a lisp routine that creates dimensions between two objects at a given interval, but I don't know how to get the information into Excel.

Furthermore, it would be highly beneficial for me to identify the location of the measurements in Excel (whether identified by a simple sequential number or by x/y data).

I look forward to this discussion!

Thank you in advance,
Vaughan.

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

The solution was for me to create a C3D corridor set to every 10m, using the edge of pavement polylines as the extents of my corridor. In order to do this I had to create a dummy-surface using cogo points around the extents and then a surface profile. I then used a C3D report to export the findings and from there I was able to copy the report into Excel and format the data so that the combined widths were isolated.