Tapered ellipse

Berzerker

I found a big flaw. I might as well start all over. I called myself checking all this but this one slipped by me. It's only a few thousands but I've tried to separate them with no luck.

More practice.....YEAH! 

separate.JPG

1 hour ago, Berzerker said:

is there a way to remove all colors and materials you've added to an object. The object still looks magenta until rendered.

I don't know how you applied the colors to your objects, but a good way to work is to put objects on different layers. The object will display whatever color you have the layer set to. And if you want to change the color, just change the layer color.

If you want to remove a material from an object, right click on the material in your Materials Browser and then select Delete. This will completely delete the material from your materials list though, so if any other objects share this material, it will be removed from those objects also. It would be better to create a new generic material and apply the new material to the object.

Also, I don't know if this exists in 2007, but in 2018 there is MATERIALASSIGN command. Running this command allows you to select an object and remove it's material.

The part I don't understand is why the object displays as magenta until rendered. It should display whatever color or material is applied to it.

On a good note I found out the cover was not the right size and wouldn't have worked/fit anyways. I guess the scale didn't come out right (?) Made me feel better about breaking the middle piece. The other thing that got me wondering was how far off it was, It was an whole 1/8" smaller than it was suppose to be. It gives the measurements when you load it and I double checked them in AutoCad in millimeters (They were correct on my end). The scale I used was times 25.4 as instructed.

So I'm guessing lofting has its limits?

I've changed every number in the loft settings up and down. I can't get it to make it more round at the bottom or Top no matter what.

loft1.JPG

4 hours ago, Berzerker said:

I only have 3 parts left to go in my 3D speaker and I found another flaw. I'm debating if it is enough to redo that section,

if it was me, I would fix it. But I'm kind of a perfectionist. ;)

• Like 1

I finally think I got it done. Haven't added any materials "fixing to read up on that", Is it to the thousands "Probably not". I used two scales and a set of calipers. The magnet itself measured something like .725 I just made it .750 as an example but the overall dimensions are very close. Could you buy this speaker and use it as a template....."I think so!".

It's hard to measure an oval when you don't have the tools to measure it right. The metal outside of the speaker was .045 thick so even if I set my measurements at 1mm wouldn't have been correct. I seen something this morning about setting the wall thickness of an object but it's a little late now.

3D speaker finish.JPG

I wanted to see what my logo looked like on the bottom. I wish I could get close to this color when I have a black background. Can't make silverish/gray color and I haven't found chrome yet, well at least the chrome I've found don't look like chrome. Looks more black than anything!

Looks better in AutoCad.

What happened to the "online users" at the top? I liked being able to see who was looking at what.

MB bottom Logo.JPG

Edited by Berzerker

Can't make silverish/gray color and I haven't found chrome yet, well at least the chrome I've found don't look like chrome. Looks more black than anything!

Yes, chrome will look black until you set up your environment and render.

When you get ready to render, you will need to change some settings.

Set PERSPECTIVE to 1

Set SUNSTATUS to 1

Set SKYSTATUS to 1

Set LIGHTINGUNITS to 1

The "Online Users" is still there. Not sure why you can't see it?

On 9/13/2020 at 12:50 AM, Berzerker said:

I've learned a lot since I first come here. 3D was pretty much Greek to me, "No offence to anyone, just a saying". I've learnt the revolve, sweep, loft and how to extrude and subtract pretty good! So thanks everyone for taking the time to help.

I have an object that just refuses to allow me to measure it. I've changed UCS, tried to snap by different points, took snap on and off but nothing works.

Can an object get corrupt? I know a drawing can but everything else is fine in the drawing.

And also is there a way to remove all colors and materials you've added to an object. The object still looks magenta until rendered.

While you are sharpening your new 3D skillset you might want to check out this link.

https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/extrude-and-press-pull/

12 hours ago, Cad64 said:

That's strange. I still see "online users", so it hasn't disappeared. Are you using a different browser?

I tried to open it from a new window to see if that was the cause but it wasn't. I've been using MS Edge for about a year so it can't be that. The only things I do are post, read and look to see who's looking at what. The only other thing I've done is change my avatar. I'll look into it today.

9 hours ago, Dadgad said:

While you are sharpening your new 3D skillset you might want to check out this link.

https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/extrude-and-press-pull/

Thanks Dadgad, my version doesn't have press/pull but extrude and subtract I have become quite familiar with. What objects you can and can't pedit/trim, all kinds of useful knowledge.

Edit: I found the render settings but I don't see the ones you listed.

Render settings.JPG

And here's what I see now at the top of the page

Staff.JPG

Edited by Berzerker

Edit: I found the render settings but I don't see the ones you listed.

Render settings.JPG

You need to type these at the command line and change the settings.

Set PERSPECTIVE to 1

Set SUNSTATUS to 1

Set SKYSTATUS to 1

Set LIGHTINGUNITS to 1

Once you change the settings, you can open the SUNPROPERTIES dialog and make adjustments to your lighting.

But again, I'm using 2018 and you're using 2007, so some things may be different for me than they are for you. You should look for tutorials on materials, lighting and rendering in 2007.