Tapered ellipse

Berzerker

@Cad64

Thanks I'll leave it for now. I wanted you to check the outline text drawing for me. Meaning see if it only makes/prints as outline text on your AutoCad.

Just think if it does you'll have something a lot of others don't have. An outline text only template.

I did not purge it or anything some of my blocks and other stuff might be attached in it.

Here's the drawing:

Drawing 1 Outline Text.dwg

Edited by Berzerker

Did you try to type text in it and see if it is outline only. Funny I open it and it has blocks and all kinds of stuff from when I first started designing it.

Oh you mean it's an empty (nothing drawn in it) drawing! Yes I removed everything in it and just renamed it to use as a template.

I was just wondering if it would type outline only for you too. Just remember when you start typing it looks solid filled but it's when you click "OK" on multiline text or hit enter on single line text that it changes to outline text.

When you said empty I thought you meant totally empty. If you click insert blocks...they're there.

Edited by Berzerker

I also opened your drawing and went immediately to Shademode, and it was set to 3D wireframe.

I do not have the font file Psychedelia HM, so I could not test that your text appears hollow, but I set up another text style with a TTF font, and the text is hollow after typing, but when shademode was set to 2D wireframe went back to solid.

Edited by eldon

50 minutes ago, eldon said:

I also opened your drawing and went immediately to Shademode, and it was set to 3D wireframe.

I do not have the font file Psychedelia HM, so I could not test that your text appears hollow, but I set up another text style with a TTF font, and the text is hollow after typing, but when shademode was set to 2D wireframe went back to solid.

That's interesting because I also tried different shademodes, with the Psychedelia font, but it always appeared solid. I can't find a way to to get the outline only. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the version of Autocad you're using? Berzerker is using 2007 and you're using 2002 and you can both see outline text. I'm using 2018 and I've tried everything but can't get the text to show up as outlined. Weird. :unsure:

But in my later drawings it doesn't turn back to hollow text when I turn shade mode off. That's is the only drawing I can find that has it.

I think (not sure) that eldon is right that when I started it was hollow and I turned it to solid fill. But that doesn't explain why I can't un-shade it in other drawings.

I also noticed in that drawing that when you try to set a background mask at 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 the numbers are not there to change.

If you notice that's greyed out.

Color numbers greyed out.JPG

While typing it always changes to the name Psychedelia HM while typing any other font.

Wrong font name, That's Quake II font!

Font name wrong.JPG

You can see while I type it's solid filled.

After OK.

After OK outline text.JPG

Edited by Berzerker

1 hour ago, Berzerker said:

I also noticed in that drawing that when you try to set a background mask at 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 the numbers are not there to change.

If you notice that's greyed out.

Color numbers greyed out.JPG

Well, that's another mystery. I see at the top of the "Select A Color" dialog there is a question mark in the title bar. There is also a question mark in the "Hatch and Gradient" title bar. Those question marks should not be there. And in the "Red, Green and Blue" text boxes, there are some strange characters after the 255. Something is screwy on your end. I don't have question marks or strange characters and I can set colors to whatever i want. Nothing is greyed out.

Why are you trying to use a hatch for a background mask? If you want a background mask for your Mtext, simply double click the text to get into the Mtext editor. Then right click anywhere inside the editor to get a pop-up menu where you can choose to enable a background mask. I always choose to "Use Drawing Background Color" but you can set the mask to be any color you want.

Mtext.jpg

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant and I was reading on how to make text white and they said something about a hatch mask. It's only in that drawing the rest are all fine. No question marks or anything greyed/grayed out. I hated using the hatch mask anyways, it was hard to work with and you can't see it on the screen.

6 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

It's only in that drawing the rest are all fine. No question marks or anything greyed/grayed out.

I'm thinking that one drawing may have some corruption. You should run an AUDIT and see if Autocad finds any errors in the drawing database.

And another question on the background mask you said double click on the "text" and add one. What if it's an object like the skull? It's in segments! when I make a block out of it it doesn't display it as an object in the drawing. It's just not there, it disappears.

going to run an audit.

Audit asked did I want to delete any errors. I was scared to. That's the only drawing I have that has outline text.

Edited by Berzerker

24 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

Audit asked did I want to delete any errors. I was scared to. That's the only drawing I have that has outline text.

If you want to keep that drawing as it is, make a copy of it and then Audit the copy. Or just say "No" when it asks you if you want to delete errors. It will still run the Audit and tell you if it finds errors, but it won't delete anything.

For the skull, when you create the block, make sure you have "Convert to Block" set in the block definition dialog. It sounds like maybe you have yours set to "Delete".

Block.jpg

Ok I ran another audit on the drawing and all it done was not erase anything.

Audit.JPG

Does that mean nothing is wrong or that it just didn't erase anything?

Edited by Berzerker

27 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

Ok I ran another audit on the drawing and all it done was not erase anything.

Audit.JPG

Does that mean nothing is wrong or that it just didn't erase anything?

You need to expand your command line. There is more information above the "Erased 0 Objects" line. Hover your cursor over the top edge of the command line box until it turns into a sort of double arrow, then click and drag up. Below is what my command line looks like after I run an Audit.

You can also hit F2 on your keyboard to open a text window that will display your command history.

Audit.jpg

OK it says no errors. But now we have a conundrum. If there's no errors why would it have a question mark in my color fields and not allow me to just type 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 in.

Audit passed.JPG

My blocks were set to convert to block and I went back and made it a block and now it works. I done that yesterday!

Edited by Berzerker

9 minutes ago, Berzerker said:

OK it says no errors. But now we have a conundrum. If there's no errors why would it have a question mark in my color fields and not allow me to just type 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 in.

What operating system are you running? Is it Windows 10? Older versions of Autocad are not supported on Windows 10, so you could experience strange problems.

Yeah it's on windows 10. I tried doing a two operating system on it but couldn't get it to work. I can replace parts and format and install all kinds of things on a computer but that somehow escapes me or Win 10 just doesn't want two operating systems on my computer. I have Vista and XP but when I try to install them on a partition it doesn't recognize it as an operating system. Vista just says no disc/operating system detected and XP I can't figure out why it won't install. I've already set my computer up when I had to replace my hard drive for two OS's. I even have Win 98 and 95 but Win 10 doesn't like having to rely on a boot disk to install it for some reason or it might just be me not understanding how to do it correct.

But remember none of the other drawings are like that.

Edited by Berzerker

I tried the text mask but it only masks that text not all the objects I want masked. I needed to place a black background in to force it to print black as the background on white paper.

If I remove the black hatch and mask just the text parts of it, it leaves some parts still white.

It works but hard to deal with but I think I got it enough to print my stickers.

Sticker print.JPG

Oh and when you make a hatch you usually select what you want hatched and what color but when your done the line or lines you hatch are still in the drawing.

Do you need them or should I delete them?

Edited by Berzerker