Dumbing down 3rd party proxy?

maknu

Hi,

I'm testing Bricscad and Archicad at our office. We use acad and nova point for landscaping.

From time to time we get dwg's created with Magicad and the special proxy objects from Magicad are not visible in other software. I can't even bind the dwg in acad since it has to be done with Magicad which I don't have. First I tried "exporttoautocad" but that failed also because of the special proxies making it impossible to bind the xref. A work around is to save the dwg as a dxf, open the dxf and then bind the xrefs and resave as dwg or dxf. this is kind of tedious with lots of model files and weekly updates so I figured there would be a LISP/Script that could take care of this as a batch job on the folder level...

Anyone knows of a script or even software that could do this?

Br,

mats

Maybe use Lee's ODBX wrapper and delete the proxies?

(defun c:foo (/ _killzombies)
  (defun _killzombies (doc)
    (vlax-for b	(vla-get-blocks doc)
      (if (= 0 (vlax-get b 'isxref))
	(vlax-for a b
	  (if (wcmatch (vla-get-objectname a) "AcDbProxyEntity,AcDbZombieEntity")
	    (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-delete (list a))
	  )
	)
      )
    )
  )
  (lm:odbx '_killzombies nil t)
  (princ)
)

• Thanks 1

I think wants to do the opposite expose the proxy objects, in Autocad you download the correct object enabler.

Not sure if can get at proxy objects deep buried I was looking for something to do with Briscad.

Wait for Maknu to confirm.

On 12/2/2020 at 5:19 AM, maknu said:

A work around is to save the dwg as a dxf, open the dxf and then bind the xrefs and resave as dwg or dxf.

@BIGAL It sounds like his workaround is to DXF out. These proxies may not make the round trip which is why I chose to remove them in the first place.