How to see the POINT

I  am using acadiso.dwt and in my drawing I  like to use POINT. However I  cannot see the point I  select.

How do I  get it to be a reasonable size "X" to mark the location of the point ?

I  am doing drawings with objects about 250 x 250 mm

Edited by JoeS09
typo

The system variables for which you are looking are PDMODE and PDSIZE, as shown in the SYSVDLG

screenshot.  Both of those variables can be accessed at the commandline,

I misstated earlier that they are midcommand options, which they are not.

To define your point style as an "X" set your PDMODE system variable to 3.image.thumb.png.c6d69be913f5facc7e993d4843cb478d.png

image.thumb.png.aabfe0e64c00c1e6bb807c3dfa8d6c26.png

Edited by Dadgad
idle hands are the tools of the Devil
  • Like 1

Just to add to @Dadgad's answer this is a screenshot taken straight from the Autocad help files showing the various options for showing a point in pointmode.

And as a note just to highlight that pdmode affects all points existing or new, you can only have one type of point in a drawing file

PDmode.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steven-g said:

Just to add to @Dadgad's answer this is a screenshot taken straight from the Autocad help files showing the various options for showing a point in pointmode.

And as a note just to highlight that pdmode affects all points existing or new, you can only have one type of point in a drawing file

PDmode.png

Thanks steven-g!  That's cool, I don't really use points in my work, but very good to see and learn.

I am sure lots of folks will find that informative and helpful.     :beer:

The SYSVDLG description seems a bit light on this, nice to see more comprehensive description with graphics.

I don't know whether the command still exists, but I can type DDPTYPE and a dialogue box opens up to set the Point Style.

DDPTYPE.PNG

• Like 2

What an awesome forum. I  like using points, easy to set a centre of a circle etc. I  used PDMODE and PDSIZE as found in the Help files, and it worked well. Many thanks for this

2 hours ago, eldon said:

I don't know whether the command still exists, but I can type DDPTYPE and a dialogue box opens up to set the Point Style.

DDPTYPE.PNG

Old school, I LIKE it!  A picture is worth a thousand words.  :beer::beer:

DEFINE DEFAULT POINT TYPE, now I will remember it.   :beard:

My usual use of points is in the result of the DIVIDE command.  However, I do not want them to print, so I put them on a layer that does not plot.   (NOT DEFPOINTS)  I named mine NO PLOT and clicked the printer icon in the layer manager off.  They do appear in modelspace and viewports.

• Like 1

You can also simply click the format button on the AutoCad window menu.  About 3/4 the way down you will find a Point Style to click on.

Keep in mind that a point (style) does not automatically resize with zooming.  Regen to get them to match your screen zoom level.

If you set the point size to Absolute Units, it zooms very nicely. It is only when the size is set to Relative to Screen that you need to Regen after zooming.

• Like 1

While we are on the subject of points, this is a gem by Lee Mac, which I have never used,

but for those who work with points a lot? 

It looks like a very nice tool to have at one's disposal, courtesy of the man, LeeMac!   :notworthy:

Thanks Lee!   :beer:

Edited by Dadgad
The link is screwed up, wrong address!

3 hours ago, Dadgad said:

While we are on the subject of points, this is a gem by LeeMac, which I have never used......................

@Dadgad, did you click on that link? I am bewildered at trying to find a mention of LeeMac!!!

2 hours ago, eldon said:

@Dadgad, did you click on that link? I am bewildered at trying to find a mention of LeeMac!!!

Nice stockings though.  I that even a girl? LOL

8 hours ago, eldon said:

5 hours ago, Dana W said:

Nice stockings though.  I that even a girl? LOL

No, I didn't  test the link, but based on the reactions I am hearing, I have gone back and reinserted the LeeMac link.  :huh:  :rofl:

It sounds to me like the video describing a rental villa where my family will be spending a long weekend here was still on

the clipboard, and not overwritten by the LM link I was trying to copy.  Due to Covid reduced tourism here,

we can actually afford it, at the reduced price for a few nights.  It is just down the road from our house.

Although, in the context of the topic of this thread, I am reminded of a Bob Seeger lyric from many years ago about points of her own...there were a couple other titillating adjectives thrown in there!  :pirate:

Just when I thought I couldn't possibly hold LeeMac in any higher esteem I find myself wondering if he is responsible for the siren in question?  :thumbsup:

Once again a big shout out to LeeMac for ALL of his fine work!    :beer:

I think the lyric reference was from "Night Moves".:beer:

Edited by Dadgad

5 hours ago, Dadgad said:

No, I didn't  test the link, but based on the reactions I am hearing, I have gone back and reinserted the LeeMac link.  :huh:  :rofl:

It sounds to me like the video describing a rental villa where my family will be spending a long weekend

@Dadgad Then something isn't working here, we are  STILL seeing a music video from "Hedvig Mollestad Trio-Sing, Goddess"

2 hours ago, steven-g said:

@Dadgad Then something isn't working here, we are  STILL seeing a music video from "Hedvig Mollestad Trio-Sing, Goddess"

Yeah?   Odd, digging deeper now.

Thanks for the headsup steven-g! 

I Believe it is fixed now, hope so.

Yes quite a different link from the one which I had assumed, and which I prefer.

A Norwegian friend recently signed that band to a recording contract, and sent me that link, because he thought

they might be closer to my tastes than most of the Heavy Mental acts he signs.   :huh:  :rofl:  :beer:

The young lady giving the online tour of the AirBNB listing was appreciably closer to the mark.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dadgad said:

The young lady giving the online tour of the AirBNB listing was appreciably closer to the mark.  :thumbsup:

And you took it down?