Title Block - HELP!!

happyhappycheese

...but I just don't quite understand drawing them in model space because they all seem so small. When you say draw at natural size, does that mean in ms. or ps?

I am working with my old autocad 14 so I don't have all the modern conveniences of autocad 2009 with the libraries etc.

You have to draw in MS and save the dwg if you want to insert it in several other dwgs later, in MS or PS. Objects in PS are ignored when you insert a dwg file into your current dwg.

You can draw border and title in PS, and make a block if you like. That block can be saved as a plain dwg for later use withe the command WBLOCK.

If you find a dwg or dwt on the net and its newer than R14, try TrueConvert or whatever they call it now, search at http://www.autodesk.com.

Maybe also http://www.dwggateway.com will help. Thats a free addon to AutoCAD R14 and upwards to let you open dwg files from AutoCAD 2007, not 2010 yet.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raggi_Thor

• Jillymaxo

• ReMark

• Strix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you so much. Yes, I understand you have to always draw in MS. I just really need to do my borders with titleblocks. I can then save them as blocks and bring them into PS and do my viewport etc. I looked at the link that you sent with the titleblocks and have to load it on my pc that has autocad for my main computer is an apple. I will see how that goes and then let you know.

I appreciate all your help.

Jill

I am working with my old autocad 14 so I don't have all the modern conveniences of autocad 2009 with the libraries etc.

Hi! I'm a CAD student in my 2nd year of CAD

so is there a good reason why you haven't taken advantage of being able to download the free 'student' version of AutoCAD instead of using a version which is now miles removed from what you're using in class?

Were you intending to have editable attributes in your title block btw? It drives me to distraction when temping for a company who use blank title blocks with floating text in them - drawing sets look way too scrappy with varying style, meandering text in them

Hi, I am not a student so I don't think I can download the free student version of autocad. The borders and titleblocks and I trying to make without success are going to be able to be edited. I am right now trying to draw the boarder in ms and make the lines thick and then I will work on making it the way you said.

Thanks,

jill

I just read about making it out of polylines. I will try it.

I am going to try and draw my 4 sheet sizes in ms and ps and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for being patient with me for this is all new.:)