ISSUE WITH DYNAMIC BLOCK

waseeminho

hi everyone, 

I have a question for my dynamic block, hope if someone can help or advise me as I have to use this dynamic block for my job but wanted to be very accurate. 

the issue I have is with stretching with both sides. the grip and insertion point doesn't follow when I change visibility state from FG to AWNING also the dimension doesn't follow. 

please note that for FG I have minimum and maximum size 

and for awning I have a different minimum size. 

please advise if someone can fix this issue for me. 

I appreciate you help.

thank you

DB-TEST.dwg

Too keep everything working together they all need to use the same parameters. So having 2 different linear parameters and dims in your visibility states will give you these issues. One way around it would be to use the base middle as the insert point and place the visibility grip also in the middle but then at the top, that way they dont move. And then rather than having a grip left and right use a center base for your parameter (it now uses the start point as base) and stretch from the centre both left and right.

@steven-gthank you Steven for your response, however, I have to keep the insertion point on left side as I have to copy and paste every time to have a floor plan. and that have to be from left side. also I have two different sizes for FG and Awning. if there's a way that when changing (stretching FG) and then change visibility state to awning. it gives me the same size. 

I would appreciate if you could help me about that or giving me an idea on having it different way but almost same method.

thank you

Unfortunately not you can't use different parameters in different visibility states and have them affect the same object differently as you swap states. You would need to use 2 separate blocks if they have differing properties like that they don't belong together.