DWG to PDF Creates Incorrect Isometric Circles & Text

lamensterms

Hi,

Please see images below.

I have found that ACAD 2017 will plot PDFs (using 'DWG to PDF.pc3') but will not represent isometric circles & isometric text correctly.

image.thumb.png.7f6b3ad4dc957f1b00f852645ea5a5f9.png

image.thumb.png.137e7d92ee7611838d32c6fa9a6f93c2.png

Same block and same font shown in both images.

- The correct picture was plotted using 'DWG to PDF.pc3' on ACAD2015, Windows 8 64 bit.

- The incorrect picture was plotted using 'DWG to PDF.pc3' in ACAD2017, Windows 10 64 bit.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks for any help

Bugs for 2017 may be very hard as we are now at 2022 that is 5 versions later, maybe a different pc3 will work. Try say a Adobe or another create PDF software, Microsoft pdf ?

Thanks BIGAL.

I totally understand I'm a few years behind the current versions haha... just hoping someone has encountered and overcome this issue before me.

I'll have a play around with alternative PDF writers.  But I do favour 'DWG to PDF' as it works very well with my plotting LISP routine... output file naming support in particular.

Edited by lamensterms

Might it be possible to use a current version of the Pc3 file (DWG to PDF) in Autocad 2017?

But I have seen wierd quirks like that in the older version of the pc3 file.

-ChriS

Thanks for the replies guys.

@ammobake I've tried pointing ACAD to a more recent PC3 (from TrueView 2021) - still get the same results when plotting from ACAD2017.  I think the PC3 file still points to the .HDI driver that is possibly the source of the issue.

@SLW210 I've tested plotting from TrueView 2021, and it plots correctly.

My understanding is that it's the .HDI that has the issue (not the PC3).  I'm not sure how to control which .HDI the .PC3 points to - seems to use whichever version that was shipped with the ACAD version (or maybe whichever version was launched most recently?).  If there is a way force my PC3 to use an alternative HDI driver, I expect that will fix the issue.

I've attached some sample files, showing varying results.... I continue to scratch my head😅

Drawing1 (12.05) (12.17).dwgimage.thumb.png.39de8c4f6a45baabf32670e95fcde741.png

Drawing1 (12.05)-Model.pdf

Can you replace the 2017 HDI with the newer one from DWG TrueView? Do you have all updates?

Perhaps it's time to discuss a newer AutoCAD version.

I can replace it - but then I get a Heidi error for driver mismatch... which looks like this:

image.png.6e8b1bb98937863abe2c177314a31653.png

There are some other support files that I can try replace and rename, but haven't got around to testing that just yet.

Unfortunately updating ACAD isn't an option at the moment... I used ProSteel with ACAD, and the version of ProSteel I use is only compatible up to ACAD2017.

Maybe a third party PDF plotter or just plot PDFs with DWG Trueview.  I cannot think of anything else unless Autodesk has a fix, though I doubt they would bother with AutoCAD 2017, but doesn't hurt to ask.