How to create Dynamic Block that scales according to user's input?

Alexv

Hi all, 

I'm having an issue trying to create a Dynamic Block that scales in size according to the user's input value. 

For example, I have 2 circles, 'Inside' and 'Outside'. I hope to allow the user to change the scale of the 'Inside circle' and 'Outside Circle' independently by typing in a value. Then the values would be display in a label. Please see attached diagram of what I've just described. Is it possible to have  a  few preset options for the 'Inside Circle' and 'Outside Circle' so that the user can choose from? And also allow them to enter in custom size. How would I go creating such dynamic block? The diagram is just a quick drawing and doesn't work. 

Thank you and have a good day.

example3.PNG

example4.PNG

You want something like this "multi radio button2.lsp" and I use lee-mac dynamic block lisp. You can have up to about 20 values per column dont have to have same amount per column.Multi radio buttons 2col.lsp

image.png.6452d7f6a2f5c37e222fda4b8623d910.png

if (not ah:buttscol)(load "Multi Radio buttons 2col.lsp"))
(if (= ah:but nil)(setq ah:but 1))
(if (= ah:but2 nil)(setq ah:but2 1))
(setq lst1 (list "Select rad 1" "5" "7.5" "10" "12.5" "15" "other r1"))
(setq lst2 (list "Select rad 2" "20" "25" "30" "35" "40" "other r2"))
(ah:buttscol ah:but ah:but2 "Dual Circles" lst1 lst2)
(setq ans1 (nth ah:2col ah:butlst))
(setq ans2 (nth ah:2col2 ah:butlst2))

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. I apologies for the late reply. Work has been pretty hectic for the past week and I haven't gotten a chance to thank you guys until now. 

@mhupp Thanks for the info, I will check that out and play around with it. Much appreciated it!

@BIGAL Thanks again Bigal for always helping me out. I really am grateful for the help. I'll test out the codes and see if I can get it to work for my issue. 

@BIGAL Hi Bigal, I tried out the lisp script you provided but I got an error message saying '; error: too few arguments'. I've been trying to resolve the issue by changing all the "ah" is the defun to "C:" and the script still wouldn't run. Any idea what is causing the issue? thanks for sharing the script. Much appreciated :)

I'm hoping to create a dynamic block so I could use it for the tree, the trunk diameter and the canopy diameter. Hence, I want a list of standard trunk and canopy size for the user to quickly choose from or enter in custom size. Do you think a nested dynamic block would work in this case? 

Just make a dynamic block with rad1 rad2 for the circles say both 1 unit dia. 

The code above  is missing a ( at start sorry. Fixed it and this is closer to what you want. In CIV3d can do TR6*3 which means a 6m tree with a 300mm trunk so i did what you want and would update a tree block.

(if (not ah:buttscol)(load "Multi Radio buttons 2col.lsp"))
(if (= ah:but nil)(setq ah:but 1))
(if (= ah:but2 nil)(setq ah:but2 1))
(setq lst1 (list "Select spread 1" "2" "5" "10" "12.5" "15" "other r1"))
(setq lst2 (list "Select trunk" "0.3" ".45" "0.6" "0.9" "1.2" "other r2"))
(ah:buttscol ah:but ah:but2 "Dual Circles" lst1 lst2)
(setq ans1 (atof (nth ah:2col ah:butlst)))
(setq ans2 (atof (nth ah:2col2 ah:butlst2)))

You are lucky here is treedyn.dwg, How do you intend to match to a point ?

Edited by BIGAL

@BIGAL Thankyou so much Bigal, that works great! I'm going to play around with it and see if I could add a dynamic field text label that displays the trunk and canopy diameters. Will let you know how that goes.

Thanks again everyone. Y'all the best! :)