POWER DIMENSION

ColinPearson

Hey y'all.  I'm sure there is a reason, but I just don't know what it is, but when I double click to edit a dimension, I get a Power Dimensioning box instead of what I'm used to which was basically like the MTEXT editor.  The commands in my dimensioning toolbar are the plain ones as far as I know (DIMLINEAR, DIMALIGNED, etc), and based on some googling, I have messed with AMPOWERDIMEDITOR to no avail.  Any idea how to get the regular text editor?  Thank you!

Capture.PNG

Power Dimensioning in AutoCAD Mechanical

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Power-Dimensioning-AutoCAD-Mechanical-Adding-Power-Mechanical-Designs-2017

How do i turn off power dimensioning in autocad?
https://birchlerarroyo.com/autocad/how-do-i-turn-off-power-dimensioning-in-autocad.html

Had to Google it, I'd never heard of Power Dimensioning before as I've never used the Mechanical vertical.

Hey @tombu, I do appreciate you looking through the webs on my behalf.  I'd actually been there already and didn't really get anywhere.  I already have the plain DIMLINEAR, DIMALIGNED, etc in the toolbar that I use, and I have the regular TEDIT in my double click actions for Dimensions, and I have DBLCLKEDIT set to on.  I'm reading some things that say there is no option to use the vanilla command in ACAD Mech, at least some of the recent releases (I'm on 2022).  Thanks for trying for me!

Hi @SLW210

Ribbon is off, AMPOWEREDITOR 0 or 1 doesn't seem to change anything, and I honestly have no idea if I'm using Power Dimension...   I've never heard of it until I changed jobs recently.  The commands in the toolbar are what I thought were the plain Dimension commands e.g. DIMLINEAR, DIMALIGNED, etc.  

I am on 2022 Mechanical and I recently read something that the regular dimensions and editor may not be available in Mech.

I'll check, I used regular dimensions in Mechanical 2021, I don't think that changed. Maybe set the profile to Vanilla under Options>Profile.  There are other settings available under options as well.

Does the company need you to use Power Dimensions? I get the Text Editor with AMPOWERDIMEDITOR=1

Might be some sort of software issue.